A bit of help putting the carbs back together

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
BSirBike
Settled in member
Reactions:
A bit of help putting the carbs back together

Post by BSirBike » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:37 am

Hello folks

First post, so please be nice :grin: Have been reading and reading and trying to get an understanding of things as much as I can without posting and troubling you folks. But now I will need some help/guidance please.

I bought a set of what I think is a 3EN1 carbs, off a non-runner bike, in pretty dirty state, so I took them apart to clean them up in my ultrasonic cleaner - that was well about 18 months ago.

Unfortunately, due to various reasons, I never got around to putting them back together, and now I cannot remember what jets go where. I have an idea, but just need to be sure.

Taken a couple of photos of the bits (plus some spares I suspect).

https://ibb.co/MRhpYbs

https://ibb.co/G7sh08q

I have 5 jets with 90 stamped on them, 7 that have 52.5, one with a larger head that has 87.5 (no idea where that's from)

These are the ones I am unsure of. The tube in the 2nd pic is where the jets go, but just wanted to make sure I've got the correct size jets ?

The 90 are main, and 52.5 are starter ? Pilot jets have 35 marked on them, and the tiny air jets have 115 on them.

Would be grateful if someone could please confirm, so I can start putting them back together. Thank you :mrgreen:

BSirBike
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: A bit of help putting the carbs back together

Post by BSirBike » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:33 pm

Ah...managed to find the information about which jets are which, by the time this post got approved. :grin:

Have cleaned up the carbs and all bits.

Currently just trying to find a few o'rings and seals for the carbs, so I can put them all together and try them on the bike.

Evilchicken0
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Bimota SB6 Yamaha FZR 3TJ x2

Post by Evilchicken0 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:45 am

You can get seal kits from Lite Tek in Thailand
https://litetek.co/Carb_Kit_Yamaha_3EN1.html

You'll need to check the fuel level / float heights which needs to be done with the carbs on the bike.
Just as an aside when you clean carbs work your way through one carb at a time so the parts dont get mixed up it helps to preserve the settings

BSirBike
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by BSirBike » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:52 pm

I've spent some time reading up and worked out the correct sizes for the jets, and ordered a couple that were looking tired.

Also ordered the bits from Litetek...waiting for them to arrive.

The carbs are in bits, totally, as they were partially in bits anyway when I bought them. Hopefully I'll be able to figure out the pieces of the jigsaw puzzle and put them together without too much head-scratching :)