How to fit the 600 into the 3tj

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Re: How to fit the 600 into the 3tj

Post by hunter » Mon May 16, 2011 12:33 am

You would want the foxeye,or thundercat motor,
along with carbs,wireing harness,and CDI.

Evilchicken0
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Bimota SB6 Yamaha FZR 3TJ x2

Post by Evilchicken0 » Mon May 16, 2011 10:03 am

hunter wrote:You would want the foxeye,or thundercat motor,
along with carbs,wireing harness,and CDI.
carbs from the engine your buyin would be good then they'll be a closer tune when it's done.
CDI for a Foxeye (FZR600R), the T'cat one uses a throttle sensor which is a pain.

plodder
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by plodder » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:58 am

TPS is not a pain if you use the foxeye CDI.

Mine runs thundercat carbs and foxeye everything else.

vasoide
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by vasoide » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:06 pm

This is my 3tj with a cat engine (frame adjusted, not plates)

i already make some kilometers with her, but the engine upgrade is not finished yet.

regards

Evilchicken0
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Evilchicken0 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:31 pm

not bad :)

sportspromatt
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by sportspromatt » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:32 pm

ok, going by this the thundercat engine 600YZF is a no, no. if you want engine straight, without hacking the frame. (has this front sprocket problem been sorted yet?
I have a 400RRSP, that wont sell, dont know why, If i didnt own it, i'd buy it! ;) £1,600 with free OGK helmet to match bike.

Plan is to find a FZR600 and convert this to a 4/600 this winter. Im on a budget. so its a FZR600 fox eye or earlier FZR600 Exup, does this fit without hacking the frame. So gonna need engine, carbs, airbox for modding, CDI + wiring loom. exhaust. anything else I need, (FRAME ENGINE MOUNT BRACKETS)
Will the front end, forks, top and bottom yokes fit a FZR 3TJ frame, complete with front wheel and brake setup?
or will a R6 front end fit. top and bottom yokes & front forks.
What else am I missing? guy selling a shed load of 600 bits, basically two bikes, but all in bits :down:
but hopefully cheap, 2 engines (3HH) one has oil cooler, one hasnt? dont know much about 600's.
Anything I can check on engines, remove crank cover and try them surpose, make sure they are not seized?
Need to find out what he has got?

One thing I will need is someone who can setup carbs, as bike shops over here, are pants? gonna get talkin to a few racers in a few weeks, findout whos decent who aint!

Want to build a good 600 for next year for road use, and restore this to it former glory! (keepin it standard though!)
or sell white RRSP and buy a R6. :o

dmatzies
One Hit Wonder
Reactions:

Post by dmatzies » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:55 pm

Hello I'm Dennis and I'm from Germany.

I have built 2004 a 4JH engine from the German Supersport Championship in a 3TJ.
To this day, i have now almost 60,000 km on the clock with no problems.

I changed the frame at the engine mount and built my own adapter.
I have kept the ignition of the 3TJ that have increased the amount of the 3TJ generator to the crankshaft of the 4JH, works great. I remember still, that I had to adjust the ignition timing. In addition I have drilled oval holes in the Ingition pickup to be able to move around it.
A modified the airbox from the 3TJ and the speedometer to redistrict the 180 km/h, spend a lot of hours the make a new setup for the caburatots.
We do not get used Akrapovic Racingexhaust with a small airbox tuned, so we switched to the original 4JH.

Everything looks very original, yet it was the "German TÜV" and police controls, no problems .....

This year i will change the front calipers and will use the front fork from a tz 250, when i find it for a good price.

Bye Dennis

sorry for my english, the school is almost 30 years ago

Evilchicken0
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Evilchicken0 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:59 pm

Hey Denis - nice post and welcome to the forum ..... sooooo pictures ?????

I'm glad you got the bike through the TUV tests

quinny-fzr4003tj
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by quinny-fzr4003tj » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:03 pm

Hiya guys, the worst person to ever tinker with /destroy motorbikes is back.... being me :)

after spending weeks in the garage fixing my 3tj i decided id dive in and go for the 600 conversion...sounded easy enough :P <-- my first mistake :D

sailed through fitting the engine, exhaust, rad, carbs, airbox....
came to wiring in the 4jh cdi into my 3tj loom and a couple of wires were different to what was posted on here so out came the wiring diagrams... :down: not my favourite thing

it turns over fine with good compression, but there is no spark and im just wondering if ive mixed up the main switch with the pick up coil

I've been told that on the 8pin plug the main switch is 4jh blue black / 3tj blue yellow... i didnt have a blue and black so opted for black with white rectangles on.......

my coils are wired up
8 pin black blue / white black
white red / white red
6 pin
orange / orange

might try swapping over the black blue & the black white rectangle.............

ive got a crappy picture if it helps please excuse the crappy soldering and crossed wires from the plug, it wasn't permanent :P

http://s14.postimage.org/8el6yjxo1/photo_2.jpg

any help would be great,
Cheers!
scott

Evilchicken0
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Evilchicken0 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:18 pm

I'd find a 4JH loom and do it that way it's going to be less heartache in the long run