where can i get a k&n or hi flow air filter for 3tj

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
cagiva996
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: 2 FZR4/6,FZS600,YZFR1
Re: where can i get a k&n or hi flow air filter for 3tj

Post by cagiva996 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:00 pm

should be here by tuesday i hope and maybe it might have stopped raining by then,its been raining biblical proportions since saturday night so no early morning thrash today.i was looking forward to giving it a proper try out with a couple of mates today as ive only had a few 20 minute blats to try stuff out.went out in the week and i thought my gsxr1000 riding mate was praising the hybrids extra performance by pointing and shouting at the bike only to find out that he thoght the end can was going to eject itself at him at any moment as i has not secured the hanger properly and it was dangling only a couple of inches off the floor.should give me the chance to fit the choke cable from e-bay,and work out a more secure way of attaching the airbox as its only secured onto the carbs alone(but seems rigid enough),check for any little holes in the airbox where its been atacked by my soldering iron,and fit the 4dx uk model clocks and that should be it.i dont think im going to fit the jet and needle kit im gonna save it for hybrid no 2 , as long it runs nicely the extra performance would be better used on the track only one.might try and post some pics later.-steve

cagiva996
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by cagiva996 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:03 pm

k&n arrived yesterday but only managed to fit it tonight-its nearly a perfect fit and needed some trimming top and bottom, but i havnt had the chance to ride it yet and the weather today was like mid august(when it wasnt raining).also found a good mod for raising the tank so it doesnt rest on the airbox and it was free!!.ill post some pics when the tank comes off again.if it runs nicely i think im gonna do rockingham sat or sun-so fingers crossed.

Evilchicken0
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Bimota SB6 Yamaha FZR 3TJ x2

Post by Evilchicken0 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:21 pm

If you can raise the tank enough you/we can use the 600 airbox which might give some more power.

Marb
Thieving Pikey Twat
Thieving Pikey Twat
Reactions:

Post by Marb » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:32 am

Are the foxeye/thundercat airboxes bigger than the 3TJ airboxes?

With the 3EN2 the airbox is bigger that the 3HE.

Evilchicken0
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Bimota SB6 Yamaha FZR 3TJ x2

Post by Evilchicken0 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:44 pm

I think the 3en2 would be different to the 600R ... as the 600R has different stacks on it.

The ThunderCat has a pressurised airbox so I asssume that would be different again.

cagiva996
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by cagiva996 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:50 pm

the 600 air box is far too big to fit under the tj tank-i know ive tried.where the motor sits higher you have to make the 400 box fit again let alone the 600s as its quite a bit bigger than the tjs.