1WG DERESTRICTION

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Evilchicken0
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Bimota SB6 Yamaha FZR 3TJ x2
Re: 1WG DERESTRICTION

Post by Evilchicken0 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:00 pm

You have to make sure the bike doesn't restrict to 12.5k revs in all gears so the bike has to register at 0mph.
I could be wrong ... this may well work but as the test was in the rain I assume the bike wasn't revved out.

If you want to be sure the restriction is lifted and use a FZR600 (MPH) speedo I'm going to say fit the M-Max box. If you want to do this though that's up to you

Wraith
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Wraith » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:34 am

Is there any update on this yet?

stracing
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by stracing » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:06 am

from what i could work out wen the ignition is switched on u immedeatly get a battery voltage reading on the sensor feed wire, and on the return wire (eg. 0mph) as soon as the speedo moves the metal disc roatates thru the sensor slowing dropping the voltage untill i think the lowest i got was 1.2v and the speed light on. by bridging the wires you are therefor getting a battery voltage reading down the return wire which is the one that tells cdi 2 limit revs all of the time.

no further updates on the definate workings of this as the engine for the bike in question is currently in bits having a rebuild. once all is rebuilt and runnin the crash test dummy will be out to try it, failing that ill nip out on the road on it an hope there no rozzers about..........