Hi guys,names chase..got a 400fzr...saw a post regarding strange carb issues...got power over 10000rpm,but sounds like i

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Chasse
One Hit Wonder
Reactions:
Hi guys,names chase..got a 400fzr...saw a post regarding strange carb issues...got power over 10000rpm,but sounds like i

Post by Chasse » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:10 pm

Got power over 10000rpm,but sounds like it's running on 3cyl under that rpm...checked carbs, diaphragm seals were torn on vacuum part,then put another set on,first start up sounded good,revved up nice and clean,not even 2mins in riding went back to original story...now I've got a continues misfire but over 10k she pulls crazy,servo motor broken,so I operate flap manually,however,she ran perfect all the time by operating this way.now she fuels way too much,like I need to burn up fuel first but still won't rev up clean...removed fuel filter,str8 line,still no difference..any help is good,going to get new plugs,bu they all burning black,they were originally burning very well..thanx

Evilchicken0
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Bimota SB6 Yamaha FZR 3TJ x2
Re: Hi guys,names chase..got a 400fzr...saw a post regarding strange carb issues...got power over 10000rpm,but sounds li

Post by Evilchicken0 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:24 pm

Operating the flap manually - that sounds dubious. So I'm assuming you mean the exup valve in the exhaust ??? Did you wire it open ???
I you did then you'll be running it lean below about 8000 (which is where the main jets come in). One cylinder cutting out is usually a carb being blocked - probably a slow running jet.

I would say, firstly find out the model of the bike - look at the lights, do you have 1 lamp with 2 small lights in - that's a 3tj. Two round headlights with air intakes below - a 3en2. Round headlights with intakes above - 3en1.
Secondly - look around the bottom of the exhaust on the kick stand side - there's a chrome cover take that off and see if the cables are ok or have frayed. If one has frayed you'll need to replace it, send it to or get an exup repair from Venhill. Before you take the cable off the servo take pictures fo the route - get it wrong and it wont work.
If it's the servo - replace the servo (thats why you need to know the model) this should be a matter of bolting it in and connecting it all up.

Look on youtube there will be a step by step of how to adjust the exup

Clean your carbs