ADJUSTABLE LEVERS

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
LKey
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
ADJUSTABLE LEVERS

Post by LKey » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:14 pm

Hi,
are there any after market adjustable brake and clutch levers for a 1987 SP 2TK?
Does anyone know?
Thanks

Evilchicken0
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Bimota SB6 Yamaha FZR 3TJ x2
Re: ADJUSTABLE LEVERS

Post by Evilchicken0 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:30 pm

None that will fit directly.
You can look at Chinese levers for a ThunderCat. You might need to change the brake master cylinder for a T'Cat item, I believe the clutch perch is similar. Obviously I cant vouch for these so fit at your own risk

willandrip
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Far, far too many now
Re: ADJUSTABLE LEVERS

Post by willandrip » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:31 pm

LKey wrote:
Does anyone know?
Thanks

Lol..........

No span adjustable levers are available to fit the 1WG series if the original master cylinder and clutch perch is used.

You need to upgrade the master cylinder to a Fazer 600 ( cheapest option)/similar, if you wish to retain a intergrated reservoir or to a FZR 1000 RU/FZR 600R Foxeye/similar, if you require a remote reservoir....again cheapest options are indicated.

The clutch perch also requires swapping out.
The earlier R6 unit has span adjusters available as aftermarket parts but requires a small spacer adding at the clutch casing to take some free play in the outer cable up that the lever adjuster is unable to as it runs out of adjustment.

I run FZR 600R master cylinder and a Kawasaki ZZR600 Z clutch lever assy. on one of my 2tk bikes as I like the look and feel of the old style rounded edge levers as opposed to the CNC square edged aftermarket levers. The reservoir does obscure the temp gauge somewhat. I was fortunate when the clutch assy arrived that it had an extremely long adjuster screw and a spacer was not required.I have been unable to find another after much searching unfortunately.

My other 2tk has a Fazer brake master cylinder fitted, this was to match the YZF 750 hydraulic clutch master cylinder that is required on the YZF engine that is fitted.

Owt for a bit photo whoring ...don't you know !
A red box doth not a Snap On make.