Super Four Loses Electrical power when braking

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
zimashton
One Hit Wonder
Reactions:
Super Four Loses Electrical power when braking

Post by zimashton » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:01 am

Hi There
I am a new member of this forum and a new owner of a 93 CB400. It is a beautiful bike but just until recently i took it out, it wouldn't turn over, all lights would just dim when i press the start button. SO I push started it fine and it got going. Anyway whenever i began touching the front or back brake, the bike would lose revs and power until such time that i release the brakes. Has anybody had a similar problem and where is the best place to start?

thanks in advance for your help :lol:
:pray: :pray: :pray:

Superjack44
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: 1CB400 SF 1 VFR800 1 Moto Guzz
Re: Super Four Loses Electrical power when braking

Post by Superjack44 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:59 am

Battery appears to be flat
Solution get it charged, then check if its charging , easy way is face the bike against a wall with the engine running blip the throttle and watch the light glow on the wall if it gets brighter its charging if it does not obviously something wrong .
Check battery connections for cleanliness.
The usual suspect for not charging is the reg/rec this is a small unit under the right hand plastic panel it should get hot while the bike is running if it does not then the problem is usually before the current enters the reg/rec Alternator or poor connections (corrosion) every connection must be clean and tight any sign of corrosion must be cleaned up especially battery connections.
The reg/rec works by dumping excess electricity into the frame it must have good clean earthing bolts onto the frame for this to work.

johnjohn
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by johnjohn » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:42 pm

Hi! I had the same problem with mine and the battery was a little low, but after a few runs around the block the problem was gone.

HyperVtec
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: CB400 NC31 1999 Hyper Vtec

Post by HyperVtec » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:07 am

zimashton wrote:
Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:01 am
Hi There
I am a new member of this forum and a new owner of a 93 CB400. It is a beautiful bike but just until recently i took it out, it wouldn't turn over, all lights would just dim when i press the start button. SO I push started it fine and it got going. Anyway whenever i began touching the front or back brake, the bike would lose revs and power until such time that i release the brakes. Has anybody had a similar problem and where is the best place to start?

thanks in advance for your help :lol:
:pray: :pray: :pray:
Lways remeber to cheak your Earths on the bike as the bike from factory has too little