Choosing a colour

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
corkdragon
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: cb400 super4
Choosing a colour

Post by corkdragon » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:33 pm

Hi everyone,
Due to the tank rusting under the current paintwork (see pic), I am organising to get bike reprayed properly - well the tank, tailpiece and front mudguard -- as not only do I find the blistering unslightly, I don't want to leave it too long - I am taking part in my first charity bike run weekend in May.
So on my log book/tax, her colour is "black" and as ya see last owner changed that! :roll:
Tank
overall bike

So a few ideas I'm playing around with is:
> black with a fleck going through it (maybe dark blue/purple)
> Red again
> dark Blue

Now I am a girl - but not a girlie girl! not a fan of overly bright colours! So would like to hear yer points of view - especially as cb400sf owners.
thank you :)

thunderace
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: R6, YZF600R
Re: Choosing a colour

Post by thunderace » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:38 pm

I think a Cadburys type of purple would look good with silver or white pinstripe :peace:
Conventional wisdom says to know your limits. To know your limits you need to find them first. Finding your limits generally involves getting in over your head and hoping you live long enough to benefit from the experience. That's the fun part.

Cbx63
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Cbx63 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:32 pm

Hi there could you tell me the color code for your bike , it should be under the seat ..

thanks

craigs23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: Quite a few

Post by craigs23 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:05 am

Dark blue metallic with maybe some subtle pinstriping could look cool.

corkdragon
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: cb400 super4

Post by corkdragon » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:30 pm

Sorry for delayed reply - I tend to get distracted easily lately! Between organising charity raffle and prepping for the chairty motorcycle run - heads all over the place! So - sorry bout the delay. Well, I got her resprayed at the end of March and to say I'm delighted with result is an understatement!
According to her tax book she should have been black - so since that is my favourite colour, I chose to go back to it with a blue fleck going through it. Thing is the sprayer found out she was in fact - originally silver. And the previous owner did a bad job in the primer layer (hence rust on tank!). So here she is now! In two minds should I leave the red rim tape on the wheels/clocks.