Clip-ons on a superfour

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
davedrave
Settled in member
Reactions:
Clip-ons on a superfour

Post by davedrave » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:28 pm

I was wondering has anyone ever changed the handlebar style to clip ons? To me it seems like you could mount clip-ons under the top clamp but i thought perhaps the wideness of the superfour tank would make it very impractical?

peppiiino
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: Clip-ons on a superfour

Post by peppiiino » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:58 am

Hi i'm looking for the same mod,
i was considering the condor or clubman handlebars that fit in the same clamps as the original bar..
if any of you has any pics pls post it, thanks....

PB1
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC31

Post by PB1 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:44 pm

Hi - I had Ace style clubman bars on my Superfour for about 5 days, but that was because my 17 year old mind was incompatible with my 56 year old body. They were fine for me for short journeys but a killer for anything over 50 miles. If you are young and/or fit then it will be another matter.

They fit fine in the bar clamps and just about clear the tank on full lock as long as you have them pointing down a fair bit. If you have them more comfortably "flat" they foul the tank. This means it puts more pressure on your wrists than it might on other bikes with narrower tanks.

You also would have to shorten the front brake pipes as these are far too long. I left mine in a big loop for the short time I had them on, but you'd have to put shorter ones on to make a proper job of it. You can just about get away with re-routing the other cables underneath the headlamp ears, although the clutch then becomes very heavy as it gets quite a bend in the cable. Best to borrow some and try them first to see how you like them. I do say that they are fantastic for riding through the twisties though, and the bike already comes with pretty much rear-sets fitted as standard.

RICKNC31
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by RICKNC31 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:01 pm

Whats the point of putting clip-ons on a sit up style of motorcycle as it is not designed with clip-ons in mind and i think they would just not look right as well as cause clearance problems with the large tank. possibly a flat bar would look ok and give a slghtly more forward riding style without clearance problems if not perhaps a change of bike to a CBR instead rick