09 CB400SF bent forks

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
John92
Settled in member
Reactions:
09 CB400SF bent forks

Post by John92 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:42 pm

Hi all,

I've recently come into ownership of another CB400 after regretting selling mine years ago. As is often the case with these things it came with a catch, being it had been in a frontal and had the front rim destroyed and the forks bent badly.

After doing some research I cannot find either a used set of forks or even the specs of the forks anywhere. Does anybody know if any other forks from different bikes are the same and bolt on? And if not where I may be able to find any forks? NZ based.

Additionally while this is open, I know Honda shared the front wheel between many models, does anybody have this list to make locating a new one easier?

Cheers

CB1pod70
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Re: 09 CB400SF bent forks

Post by CB1pod70 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:11 pm

The forks from a steel framed CBR600 are 41mm and should be about the right length. You could do a complete front end swap as the bearings used on the yokes on most Hondas are the same.