just lost 40 pounds for no reason trying to fit marchesini front wheel

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Bowches
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: cbr 400 zxr 400 gsx 1300r

Post by Bowches » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:36 pm

Hi everyone....

I had purchased a Marchesini wheel in November and got it safety checked at TPCS wheel checkers and also painted gloss black. So the wheel was in my room for a month and then today (24 Feb 2018), I had decided I want to fit it on the front.

I had actually fit the front wheel on myself and saw that it was moving side to side in December meaning the stock wheel spacers did not fit properly.

I took it to the mechanic today (24 Feb 2018) and I told him this issue when he was half way through the process, so he had taken my stock wheel off and removed the rubber tyre of the stock wheel. Then he told me he cannot do anything about this and then I just paid him at the end, He is a difficult person to talk too. I told him they are both 17 inch x 3.5, but the marchesini wheel moves from side to side on the axle as the spacers did not fit. JUST WASTED 40 POUNDS FOR NO REASON! GREAT! he put the tyre and the discs back onto the stock wheel again and I went home carrying the marchesini wheel on my CBR 400 TANK.

I have attached a picture to show what I mean and this was when I fit the Marchesini wheel on the front of the CBR 400 nc29.

https://postimg.org/image/vq7fpfa7f/

https://postimg.org/image/g4q45jb4r/

https://postimg.org/image/6k6hio18b/

Please can someone help me to get this spacer issue sorted out?

I want to get this wheel fitted now.

Davez29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 forever
Re: just lost 40 pounds for no reason trying to fit marchesini front wheel

Post by Davez29 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:31 am

Hi, I know nothing of the wheel your putting on but before you do anything i note your selling your original wheel, before you sell it take many measurements with a steel rule of both wheels, just in case you need a size. Do your disks match the caliper spacing if the correct spacers were fitted to the new wheels? Maybe pm Yakama as he seems to deal in this sort of upgrade and may tell you what you need.

On selling your wheel, add cbr900 to the title as early fireblade owners tend to look for these wheels.

dunkenb
Reactions:
Bike owned: Cbr400rr nc29 type8 NSR250

Post by dunkenb » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:03 pm

Davez29 wrote:Hi, I know nothing of the wheel your putting on but before you do anything i note your selling your original wheel, before you sell it take many measurements with a steel rule of both wheels, just in case you need a size. Do your disks match the caliper spacing if the correct spacers were fitted to the new wheels? Maybe pm Yakama as he seems to deal in this sort of upgrade and may tell you what you need.

On selling your wheel, add cbr900 to the title as early fireblade owners tend to look for these wheels.
Just measure the gaps between the forks and the spacers. Then either go to a machine shop and ask them to knock you up a couple of spacers the right side. I think you can even by some alloy spacers in different widths on ebay. Have you tried swapping them over and pushing the spindle through more to take up the gap?
Or get some washers the same size as the spacer and stick a few in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CB1pod70
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by CB1pod70 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:34 am

I can make you some spacers as I have a lathe but you will need to bring the wheel to me in Gravesend so I can measure everything up.

Bowches
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by Bowches » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:45 am

Ok thanks alot! Cheers!

When Can I come?

Bowches
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by Bowches » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:47 am

CB1pod70 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:34 am
I can make you some spacers as I have a lathe but you will need to bring the wheel to me in Gravesend so I can measure everything up.
I will need to take the wheel off the bike so will need a paddock stand as well please. I have tools that I can bring to use....but just need a paddock stand please

Bowches
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by Bowches » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:55 am

Thanks Dunkenb and Davez29 for the advice

Yea I was thinking of selling the front stock wheel because I want to get some money back from losing 40 pounds. Also What I wanted to say is that one spacer fits between the wheel and the fork but the left side spacer is to wide and it does not fit between the fork and the wheel.

I just have to get a correct spacer to be cut and fit. I havent got alot of money at the moment lol and I think I need to sell this front wheel.

How did you know that I was selling the front wheel? Great spotting Davez29, I know my ebay username is the same as the greybike400

Bowches
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by Bowches » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:56 am

I am also selling my Dainese Leather 1 piece suit and a spare NC29 Carburettor

RaulMAB
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by RaulMAB » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:59 pm

Thanks for the recommendations David. Maybe the hood and the polarizer would be sufficient protection?