NC30 Wont rev past 9K Please help.

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
ED37
Settled in member
Reactions:
NC30 Wont rev past 9K Please help.

Post by ED37 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:51 pm

EDITED
ok, so, the story so far...

Over a year ago i was knocked off my bike and was out of action for a couple of months, i was very young (17) and my family didnt want me back on the bike, so i passed my car test and the bike sat in my garden up untill a couple of months ago. I am now 19 and have decided to get back on the bike having got more road expirience from driving my car and feeling generaly more ready for riding.

So, a couple of months ago i decided to get the bike (NC30) back on the road for the summer, i stripped the bike and took it to a place called motorliner to make sure it was still all strait (which it was) and then put everything back together. The one thing that i think it might be is that when i was putting the bike back together i didnt know what to do with the vaccume hoses, obviousely one end goes on one of the cilenders (sp) and then there is a 'T' piece, so from one side i put a pipe to the fuel tap (i know this is right), but the other i just guessed and put on the tank breather (i guess this is the wrong place as air needs to go in, not out of the breather pipe:D) so maybe somone could tell me where to put the spare tube (maybe somewhere on the carb?)

So, there you are, im stumped, good and propper. any help would be really appreciated:D

ED.
P.S thank you for reading such a long thread, i hope it made sense to you.
Last edited by ED37 on Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1990nc30
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: NC30 Wont rev past 9K Please help.

Post by 1990nc30 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:01 pm

Hi, try looking at the battery, my mate had exactly the same problem on his the other day, wouldn't go past 9k and if it did it'd be well bogy, turned out the battery werent connected properly so connected it up properly and she was back to her old self again! :)

ED37
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by ED37 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:12 pm

Thanks for the reply mate:D
will try that tomorrorw.
also might have a look at the carbs to see if there is anywhere that the vaccume hose might fit, cant help thinking that that is the problem.
thanks again,
Ed

ED37
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by ED37 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:55 pm

just checked battery and the connections were fine.
got my dad involved and he advised me to put the air filter back on so i did and it runs nicely now :mrgreen: :oops:
but there is still the question of the vacuum hose... could anyone please tell me if there 'T' piece (splitter) in it is meant to be there and where the second tube (one obviousely goes to the fuel tap) goes?
please help if you know becuause i cant put the bike back together untill i know where the tube goes... :cry: maybe if someone has there bike apart atm they could just have a quick look at their hose for me :D.

TonyB
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30, CBR900RRY

Post by TonyB » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:31 pm

There is only one vacuum hose. And that goes from No 3 cylinder to the spigot that faces the front of the bike on the fuel tap and not the one pointing down but it has no tee-piece in it.
Any chance that you can post a picture to save a thousand words?
The only other pipe with a tee-piece is the tank vent which splits to stop it getting blocked and causing fuel starvation.

ED37
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by ED37 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:25 am

TonyB wrote:There is only one vacuum hose. And that goes from No 3 cylinder to the spigot that faces the front of the bike on the fuel tap and not the one pointing down but it has no tee-piece in it.
Any chance that you can post a picture to save a thousand words?
The only other pipe with a tee-piece is the tank vent which splits to stop it getting blocked and causing fuel starvation.
:mrgreen: all done now, thank you so much for all the help guys:D
i must have just got the pipes mixed up when i was putting the bike back together :oops: just need an mot, tax, and insurance now...
thanks agian everyone, hope to see you all at some track days/ride outs in the future.
Ed