Carburetor similarities between NC21/24/30

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Lope
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Carburetor similarities between NC21/24/30

Post by Lope » Thu May 22, 2008 1:41 pm

I'm looking to get some standard needles for the carbs on my NC24.
I saw an advert where someone was stripping a NC21.
Will the carbs (or just the needles) from a NC21/30 work on my NC24?

Edit: I noticed this post:
http://www.400greybike.cc/newforum/view ... f=24&t=107
Superlite said the 2 sets of NC21 carbs he looked at were 98 and 112. The Standard carbs for the NC24 are 112 for the front and 110 for the rear. So it would seem that some NC21 carb needles are compatible?
Would they be able to just screw in?

While we're on the subject, if there is someone here who would like to trade their standard needles for my jetted needles I'd be interested in a trade. it would be cheap just mailing the needles.
I dont know the details of what my needles are jetted to, they were modded for racing in japan. the bike gets 12km/l and has great power all round. i'm looking to decrease fuel consumption.
It would have to be a well known member from the old forum who i recognise though.

Cammo
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30
Re: Carburetor similarities between NC21/24/30

Post by Cammo » Sat May 24, 2008 2:35 am

The '21 and '24 needles are interchangeable, '30 aren't they are very different.

Are you sure your needles need changeing? I would suggest checking what needles you have in there (code stamped on them) and also checking what size jets you have.

If you make sure everything is standard (filter, airbox, needle position, main jet size, pilot jet size) this should sort your problems. It's a carbs off job. I have a heap of parts if you need anything (in Australia), mail me if your'e interested.
"It's just a ride" Bill Hicks