Fuel pump and track bikes

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
viper_biker
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400RR, CBR1000RR6
Fuel pump and track bikes

Post by viper_biker » Tue May 20, 2008 1:51 pm

Can anyone post some pics of the fuel pump set-up on their bike. How do you get power to it and is there a filter fitted too, or are the NC30 card fuel filters OK for the job? I will be trying to get some more power out of my track bike and a fuel pump will be necessary for the upcoming modifications.
Ducati 916, not worth a carrott

V4Chris
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: Fuel pump and track bikes

Post by V4Chris » Tue May 20, 2008 4:59 pm

I have one on my NC30, the pump came from a zxr400, using the filter that came along with it.

It is hooked up to the recycled headlight relay, wired into the killswitch. Also uses one of the spare fuses that I had in the fuse box.

The bike starts and seems to run fine throughout the rev range, but I have not tested it on the road yet (rest of bike not ready).

viper_biker
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400RR, CBR1000RR6

Post by viper_biker » Wed May 21, 2008 12:55 pm

Thanks for that Chris, but I don't think you'll get many miles with that tank LOL
Ducati 916, not worth a carrott

thefatman
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by thefatman » Wed May 21, 2008 3:18 pm

I took a +ve feed from the fuse box so that it came on with the ignition, pump strapped onto the right hand side of the subframe where the starter solenoid is.