NC30PULSE GENERATOR COILS OUTPUT

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
eeriedess
Settled in member
Reactions:
NC30PULSE GENERATOR COILS OUTPUT

Post by eeriedess » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:55 pm

HI FELLAS—before I ask the question please please please don’t jump on me about using caps in my text is like shouting.I’m 78 years old still riding sports bikes and I have eye issues plus my pc has gone tits up so it’s on on my iPad and the text is sooooo small that’s why I use caps——are we ok with that?-ok
I HAVE AN NC30 still not on the road as the constant attention for the last couple of years has been to get my mc22 TO START ON FOUR AND BE THROTTLE RESPONSIVE—THATS WHERE IT IS NOW- and my NC23 is als BEHAVING ITSELF SWEETLY.BUT I DIGRESS FROM THE REAL ISSUE..ITWAS ALWAYS HARD TO START FIRED ON 3 AND TEN MINUTES LATER 4 DECIDED TO JOIN THE PARTY.PUT NWE IGNITION COILS ON IT BUT NOW IT WILL NOT POP.I REMOVED THE CARBS AND CHECKED THE USUAL BUT ALL OK.
I DECIDED IT WAS THE PULSE COILS AT FAULT AS THE OHMS READING WAS JUST UNDER OR A TITCH OVER 400 OHMS.SO I BOUGHT A PAIR OF NC21 PULSE COILS OFF EBAY THE SELLER ASSURED ME THEY WERE FROM AN EASY STARTING AND RUNNING ENGINE BUT THE MULTITESTER SHOWED THE SAME OUTPUT AS MY NC30 PULSE COILS ALMOST TO A SINGLE DIGIT.

LONG WAY ROUND ON THIS BUT AS THE W/S MANUAL SAYS OUTPUT IS 450—550 OHMS IS THE MANUAL CORRECT? CAN ANYONE ON HERE STATE CATAGORICALLY WHAT THE CORRECT OHMS READING SHOULD BE AND IS THE HAYNES MANUAL FIGURES INCORRECT @450–550 OHMS

HOPE NO ONE FELL ASLEEP TROLLING THROUGH THIS BUT I THINK ALLTHE INFO IS IMPORTANT AN CANT BEAR THE NONNIES WHO JUST POST “WHY WONT MY BIKE GO?”
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp please

magg
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400
Re: NC30PULSE GENERATOR COILS OUTPUT

Post by magg » Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:01 am

Pull the spark plugs, rest them on the engine and check for spark.

MadMotoUK
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: FZR400,600, CBR893

Post by MadMotoUK » Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:55 am

400 ohms sounds ok. As Magg says, check for spark with the plugs rested against the block.

Also worth testing to see if you have a constant 12v to one side of the coil. The terminal with the black base *should* be the 12v, the green base terminal *should* be the pulse -ve. Test across the 12v terminal and battery -ve with the ignition on.

Foxy400
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35 NC29 Bonneville CBR600F4i

Post by Foxy400 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:53 pm

Now why does all this sound strangely familiar :lol: Good luck eeriedess!