NC23 Wiring Harness Routing Behind Nose Fairing

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
TheRedScourge
Settled in member
Reactions:
NC23 Wiring Harness Routing Behind Nose Fairing

Post by TheRedScourge » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:20 am

Hey all,
I posted this in the new 400 revival forum, but my posts are getting hung up waiting for moderator approval. Hopefully this one goes through. I'm in the States with an 88 NC23, so it's a bit tough lol. I had the front end of the bike entirely apart and now I can't find my pictures of how the wiring harness was routed behind the headlights. Brackets and all that. The Haynes manual shows nearly nothing and the parts fiche shows even less. I found an old thread one here, but none of the images load. Gotta love those free image hosting services that don't last and grenade whole threads. Any help with pictures would be great, thanks in advance!

CMSMJ1
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30-No9
Re: NC23 Wiring Harness Routing Behind Nose Fairing

Post by CMSMJ1 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:49 am

Do you want to stick a pic up of what your bike looks like now?

MIght make sense to some of the NC23 guys.

I'd suggest that @cb1Pod would know the answers - he's certainly had his hands on a few of these
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

The V4 is the law..

NC30 - No9 - my old mate

TheRedScourge
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by TheRedScourge » Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:22 pm

Ok, so I got it worked out last night. I'll post a photo when I get one. The short version is that there's a particular order you're supposed to put everything back together. I get really excited sometimes with projects and take things apart wthout good documentation. It appeared that the correct order for re-assembly, starting with the main nose fairing stay was: Headlights, then gauge cluster surround piece, put the gauges in, then lastly route the main wiring harness over the headlights and through the harness retention loops. Trying to get the top bolt into the headlight once the gauges were on was NOT the way it was intended!

CMSMJ1
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30-No9

Post by CMSMJ1 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:13 am

Good to know you got it sorted.

I think that I will be needing the same process when I restore the headlights into my bike later this summer
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

The V4 is the law..

NC30 - No9 - my old mate

TheRedScourge
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by TheRedScourge » Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:56 pm

CMSMJ1 wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:13 am
Good to know you got it sorted.

I think that I will be needing the same process when I restore the headlights into my bike later this summer
It wasn't too hard. It does seem to go in a particular order. I'll put up some pics when I get them taken. There are a few unused wires I had to tuck. It used to be a track bike, so I'm sure there's plenty out of place.