Shop recommendation for nc29 cylinder head rebuild

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Sportytoes
Settled in member
Reactions:
Shop recommendation for nc29 cylinder head rebuild

Post by Sportytoes » Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:36 am

I have achieved a state of excessive smokiness with my bike. The soot is now intolerable!

How I got here: simple, old 1991 trackbike. Engine still makes decent compression. Carbs are stock jetting and the engine essentially stock. It is well ridden but performance and air quality continues to worsen.

Took the bike in and had the valve clearances checked and the carb synced. Compression checked. Nothing significantly off there. Shop suggested a top end rebuild saying likely needs new valve seals and guides. I am willing to pay. But this is Texas and no shop will touch it. I get it…

I am will to tear it apart and strip the head. I am willing to press the guides out. I am not interested in attempting to obtain the parts, seating 16 new guides and lapping in 16 new valves in the hope I can do it correctly.

Much obliged to anyone with UK connections to a reputable shop that i could ship the head to and have the work done? Very fond of my little baby smurf but want it to stop smoking!

https://youtu.be/c8_6sk0Hjt4