NC30 Strange Fault

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
MarkW326
Settled in member
Reactions:
NC30 Strange Fault

Post by MarkW326 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:40 pm

Hi, first of all I should introduce myself. My name is Mark and I’ve owned my NC30 since the late 90’s. Unfortunately it’s sat at the back I’ve the garage, under covers for the last 5-10 years but prior to that it was my weekend toy. When I first got it, I was a meme et of the NC30 Club and Rick was an invaluable help for knowledge and parts for these then rare bikes - I still got a few copies of the Newsletter he used to produce tucked into my Haynes manual!

Anyway, the reason for my first post, and joining the the club, is that the time has come to sell the bike. I’m trying to get it ready for it’s MOT and it’s running strangely. It’ll start up and run like a dream without the fuel tank connected, but as soon as it is the bike won’t start or run.
There is a vacuum on the hose for the fuel tap and the fuel line isn’t kinked.
Any thoughts or help is greatly appreciated.

It’s a Jap import, has a Scorpion end can and the carbs were rejected back in 2002, but always ran well afterwards.

Cheers, Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk