NC24 CLUTCH CABLE REPLACEMENT help plz

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Snowyjr69nc24
Settled in member
Reactions:
NC24 CLUTCH CABLE REPLACEMENT help plz

Post by Snowyjr69nc24 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:57 am

Hi im putting a new cable on my clutch any one got any insite on doing this iv got the sproket casing off and the new cable rooted but i had to pull a long bar out the engine that goes in the cable mech to put the caseing back on and put the bar in the the clutch mech on the casing a push it bk into the engine is the the right way to do it, what is the long bar i pulled out the engine and should i off pulled it out?? 🤔🤔
Last edited by Snowyjr69nc24 on Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Snowyjr69nc24
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: NC24 CLUTCH CABLE REPLACEMENT

Post by Snowyjr69nc24 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:59 am

Also iv put everything back together and the seems to be no adjustment on the cable every thing is max adjusted out and still only little pull on the clucth 😒

magg
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400
Re: NC24 CLUTCH CABLE REPLACEMENT help plz

Post by magg » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:43 pm

If I understand your post correctly you have all the parts back in the bike but no clutch action. The mechanism that pushes on the rod can over rotate and become internally detached. Undo all cover bolts and rotate the clutch arm towards the rear of the bike and the mechanism should reset itself ( the cover may try to separate from the engine case this is normal).