Reg rec Advice

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Jordansilver1
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: Fizzy FS1E royal Enfield Grom
Reg rec Advice

Post by Jordansilver1 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:04 pm

Hi all I’ve replaced my battery on my nc30 and she starts great but on multimeter volts read 15-17v when bike running so I need a reg Rec I have been told .So my query is my bike is a L reg 1994 the plug looks fine but local shop says a mosfit make I think he would replace the 5 pin plug as it comes with new one part from electrixworld so prob looking at £100 plus so can I just buy the part and just unplug it and fit new one if so has anybody got a link for a good rec reg and can any nc30 year of manufacturing work or does it have to be a 1994

sa.racing
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 Race
Re: Reg rec Advice

Post by sa.racing » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:39 pm

Reg recs are pretty universal to be honest, what I mean is any 5 pin reg rec can be made to work the only thing you have to watch is the orientation of the wires as not all 5 pin plugs have the wires in the same position but the pug will still physically fit if you get the right orientation on the plug they are plug and play takes 30 seconds to fit

Best bet for someone such as yourself with limited knowledge of electrics is get yourself a reg rec for your specific bike or you could end up chasing your tail and creating more problems or ask on here first before you purchase one, for example there are loads of bikes that use the same reg rec (90's cbr 600' and fireblades to name a few) but to list them all would take forever

Jordansilver1
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: Fizzy FS1E royal Enfield Grom
Re: Reg rec Advice

Post by Jordansilver1 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:36 pm

Oh great 👍 thanks for reply