Reg rec Advice

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Jordansilver1
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: Fizzy FS1E royal Enfield Grom
Reg rec Advice

Post by Jordansilver1 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:03 pm

Hi all I’ve replaced my battery on my nc30 and she starts great but on multimeter volts read 15-17v when bike running so I need a reg Rec I have been told .So my query is my bike is a L reg 1994 the plug looks fine but local shop says a mosfit make I think he would replace the 5 pin plug as it comes with new one part from electrixworld so prob looking at £100 plus so can I just buy the part and just unplug it and fit new one if so has anybody got a link for a good rec reg and can any nc30 year of manufacturing work or does it have to be a 1994

Foxy400
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35 NC29 Bonneville CBR600F4i
Re: Reg rec Advice

Post by Foxy400 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:02 pm

As I'm sure you know (it's been mentioned enough times on this forum) Honda rec/regs of this era are a weak point. It seems false economy to replace yours with another of the same type and similar age. The replacement will also be prone to failure. If I was you I'd go for the upgrade and I'd also pay the man (who sounds like he know's what he's doing) to do it. £100 is not a lot for peace of mind..and a functioning bike. That is exactly what I did earlier this year.