Nc30 Help Advice

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Jordansilver1
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: Fizzy FS1E royal Enfield Grom
Nc30 Help Advice

Post by Jordansilver1 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:30 pm

I’ve just fitted a new battery and she started great so I pooped into local bike shop and guy tested the battery without bike running and volts wear over 13V but when I started bike up it was over 15V and when I rev it goes as high as 17V he said rectifier needs replacing and that he suggested getting it from electrixworld part RR58 price £75+vat and said he would also charge to fit a new plug crimp and soldering the old plug is ok but he said he likes to fit new as part comes with plug ect does this seem fair thanks

sa.racing
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 Race
Re: Nc30 Help Advice

Post by sa.racing » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:33 am

Perfectly fair, he has correctly diagnosed the Reg Rec, recommended a good quality replacement and he is correct to want to fit a new plug as they generally overheat and melt under high voltage, he could do a resistance check on all the wiring but to be honest by the time you've done that the plug will probably need replacing anyway so its just as quick to fit the new plug that comes with the reg rec, neither of you want the bike to get 5 miles down the road and fail its no fun for you and no good for his reputation!

The guy sounds genuine and I would do exactly the same in his position to be honest, of course you could always do the work yourself, not wanting to do the guy out of work but its not a difficult job and if you don't have the tools it would still work out cheaper to buy what you need and then you've got them for the future and possibly a new skill,

food for thought ;)

Jordansilver1
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Jordansilver1 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:15 pm

Thanks Sa racing

Neosophist
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: CBR954

Post by Neosophist » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:48 pm

indeed, any modern 5 pin regulator off a modern crashed bike will set you back about a tenner or so and then just repair the wire, i like to cut the wire back to good wire and crimp and solder new terminals with plenty of flux to ensure a clean join, any crappy connection tends to set fire...
xivlia wrote:i dont go fast on this bike so really do not need a rear brake.. /
vic-vtrvfr wrote:Ask xivlia for help, he's tackled just about every problem u could think of...

Jordansilver1
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Jordansilver1 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:53 pm

Thanks for reply the block contact looks good no burnt wires ect so can I just buy a rectifier and swap over also my bike is L reg so if I bought a second hand one will it have to be the same year or will anyone fit or should I buy a good new one any link for one will be 👍