Best Upgrade For NC30 Rear Shock???

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Cal Walker
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30, CRF450R Supermoto
Best Upgrade For NC30 Rear Shock???

Post by Cal Walker » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:03 pm

Hi Guys,

Looking to upgrade the rear shock in my NC30 as the original is shot. Been looking on here at a few shocks for the best upgrade possible and was just wondering which would be best for handling and jack up?

My options I've been looking at are;
  • BMW S1000RR Shock
  • Suzuki GSXR Rear Shock
  • Honda CBR600 Rear Shock
Any thought and suggestions would be appreciated!

Cheers,

Cal

CMSMJ1
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30-No9
Re: Best Upgrade For NC30 Rear Shock???

Post by CMSMJ1 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:29 pm

Depends on what you want to pay really?

Buy one that fits and get it serviced, or buy one that needs mods?

I am notoriously shite at getting my stuff sorted, but I have a CBR6 shock doing feck all in my container and you can have it for some beer money.

It was once Drunkn Munky's and I bought it a fair while ago and never got round to fitting. I have Maxton on mine now

I'm visiting my container this weekend and can try find it? Happy to send it if you cover post - if you want it, send me a few quid :)
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

The V4 is the law..

NC30 - No9 - my old mate

sa.racing
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29 Race
Re: Best Upgrade For NC30 Rear Shock???

Post by sa.racing » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:10 pm

Don't be fooled into thinking you can just bolt on any shock from another bike that physically fits, shocks are built/valved specifically for bikes or more specifically for that bikes linkage ratio and geometry!

a high powered bike such as a BMW S1000RR will put much more leverage on the rear shock and as such will be much higher sprung and valved to match! shock conversions only really work when the internals are modified to suit the intended bike/application or when the 2 bike share the same linkage AKA CBR 600 and CBR 400

you would be surprised just how overlooked and reasonable a service and re valve on your OEM shock can be from a suspension shop, then what your left with is a freshly serviced shock well set up for you and your bike and not an ebay shock that's never had an oil change in its life and wont work well but feels firmer when you push on it...

Si