NC30 Clutch cover compatibility with NC24/21

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
gammakeith
Settled in member
Reactions:
NC30 Clutch cover compatibility with NC24/21

Post by gammakeith » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:21 pm

Dear all,

I now have the go ahead to fix my daughters NC30 to fix after she got wiped out by a taxi :o There is no rush as she has a broken foot but I'd like to start sourcing the parts. The clutch cover housing is badly cracked so I need to get hold of a good second hand replacement. Lots of NC21/24 items on ebay but only one NC30 item that is pickup only so not much use to me right now! Can anyone confirm if the NC21/24 items will fit?

Thanks!

Keith

Neosophist
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: CBR954
Re: NC30 Clutch cover compatibility with NC24/21

Post by Neosophist » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:45 pm

Interesting question. Will it fit physical, cant see why not as there both nc13e engines.

will it work?

well The NC24 clutch cover has a shamfer on the clutch part but i believe they both use the same clutch basket so it shouldnt interfere with anything, the dipsticks are in different places from memory, the 24 is in the middle and the 30 is closer to the edge... so if you do try one make sure it has dipstick with it and hope it dosnt hit anything. cant see what it would do but not 100%
xivlia wrote:i dont go fast on this bike so really do not need a rear brake.. /
vic-vtrvfr wrote:Ask xivlia for help, he's tackled just about every problem u could think of...

richyrd5
Reactions:
Re: NC30 Clutch cover compatibility with NC24/21

Post by richyrd5 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:22 am

Iirc the dipstick are in the same place on both models,but the nc24 has a oil filler cap on the top....so if not able to fill through that you can still fill through the dipstick hole...