Broken engine mounts / frame straightening...

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
richyrd5
Reactions:
Re: Broken engine mounts / frame straightening...

Post by richyrd5 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:12 pm

If you break it I may have a few bits..f you do that is??

Redsbike
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Redsbike » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:32 pm

Think It's too good to break. Prob quite an easy project, if you are good with the spanners. I'm not.

tazbert
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by tazbert » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:43 am

Just to update this thread, my head came back looking good, seems to fit perfectly. Time to get the engine back together and into the new frame!

Redsbike
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Redsbike » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:36 pm

Hi All,

This bike is now for sale again - the above posts tell the story. Having looked at it again last week it's far too nice not to be fixed & used.

Does anyone want a lockdown project ? These bikes are now eligible to be paraded with The CRMC. The frame issue brought up by the MOT tester was never mentioned on previous MOTs & the bike seemed to handle well to me.

Offers ?

CMSMJ1
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30-No9

Post by CMSMJ1 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:03 pm

Can you get a pic up of where the frame is broken? Do you agree that it is obviously broken - as I've never seen one and have seen several heads that have had their front mountings snapped off (I have a spare motor with broken heads....)

The audience on here knows that the bike is worth less than the sum of it's parts now - Unless the bike was otherwise spotless and OE condition, then I'd not be spending more than a grand on it. If you spent a grand swapping frames over - then you gain that back in a working, legal and likely cleaner and serviced bike...
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

The V4 is the law..

NC30 - No9 - my old mate

thmjo1
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by thmjo1 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:05 pm

What sort of money are you thinking of for the bike as is? You can PM me if you would prefer. Thanks

Redsbike
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Redsbike » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:24 pm

Bike is now sold !

tazbert
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by tazbert » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:26 am

Quick update, missed this thread! My head came back fine, in the end he measured up the old bits and fitted new lugs. Fitted perfectly, only difference was that the original is a fine thread, he had to use a normal metric thread. Seems to be fine now!

Bike still isn't on the road yet as I have been socially distanced from it for quite a while now... :(