NC30 broken gear lever

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
markmcn
Settled in member
Reactions:
NC30 broken gear lever

Post by markmcn » Sun May 19, 2019 2:33 pm

Hi all, new to the forum. Thought I would try here for some advice. On way home last night gear lever broke off at the gear linkage bolt. Managed to coast home in 3rd however can’t seem to locate a replacement part. Part number 24702MR8000. Tried all of the usual places but seems to be discontinued. Anyone managed to source a replacement or alternative one? There is a couple on auction sites but different part number and nc30 not listed as possible fitting. Any help would be appreciated

jamesrm
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: 89 VFR 400
Re: NC30 broken gear lever

Post by jamesrm » Sun May 19, 2019 7:45 pm

I needed one of those for my previous NC30 due to it coming with ebay chinese rear sets which fell apart but that's another story....
Also took me a bit of time to find one, in the end someone was kind enough to send me one from New Zealand, who I found through the Facebook NC30 groups, I would suggest you put a post up on there, and also the wanted section on here and hopefully someone will have one.

Cal Walker
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30, CRF450R Supermoto

Post by Cal Walker » Mon May 20, 2019 7:18 am

Hi Mate,

I had the similar problem with my NC when I first brought it, The bushing in the pivot was worn so bad which gave really un-positive gear shifts and it eventually gave up the ghost all together.

After looking for genuine parts to repair my standard gear lever I soon realized how rare these are getting, so I opted for a new set of rear sets from SES. There silky smooth on the pivots which give a real positive feel and the build quality is superb!

Other than those TYGA do a awesome set too! (Give Gav on here a shout from Jap4Perfromance if you go the TYGA route, the guys really helpful!)

Links if your interested are below;

SES:https://www.sesraceproducts.com/fixed-r ... 2-44-p.asp
TYGA:https://jap4performance.com/product/rac ... it-nc3035/

markmcn
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by markmcn » Mon May 20, 2019 11:28 am

Thanks for the replies. I was trying t keep it original however think I may have to go down the route of a new rearset to keep it on the road with an eye out for a used one.
cheers

FunnyMAB
Settled in member
Reactions:
NC30 broken gear lever

Post by FunnyMAB » Sat May 25, 2019 6:22 pm

I have a newbie question...good to be a newbie again. . Why is there so much adjustment available on the gear lever return spring stop bolt? And how do you set the adjustment?