NC35 Fuel Problem

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Jeremy
Settled in member
Reactions:
NC35 Fuel Problem

Post by Jeremy » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:24 pm

Hi, I need some help please.

I have an NC35 that won't start. Its been standing for a few months and when I came to start it yesterday it fired up briefly for a few seconds then died and I've been unable to restart it. I've traced it back to what seems like no fuel reaching the carbs. I've checked the fuel tap works when a vacuum is put onto it (using a length of hose and sucking on it).
The problem seems to be no vacuum coming from the vacuum hose which is connected to the inlet manifold ?. The hose is in good condition with no splits or cracks. I can suck and blow into the hose, theres no restrictions.
When I crank the engine over I can bearly feel any vacuum being pulled. Any sugestions as to why I'm not getting a vacuum and what I need to do next.

Appriciate any help you can offer.

Jeremy

Suzuki416
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: 3 x NC35, 3x NC24, NC29, RC46
Re: NC35 Fuel Problem

Post by Suzuki416 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:45 am

If you remove the tank and put an external fuel supply direct to the carbs what happens - plug the vac line first..

Jeremy
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: NC35 Fuel Problem- Update

Post by Jeremy » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:58 pm

I removed the tank and added an external fuel supply - tried starting the bike again and it still wouldn't start. As I was cranking the engine over I was getting a small vacuum being pulled on the vacuum hose this time.
So the problem isn't the fuel supply from the tank or the vacuum valve not working. I also removed the two rear plugs, both were dry and looked ok.
I could easily blow air into the fuel line going into the carbs but when filled with fuel I had a lot of resistance - as expected.

Suzuki416
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: 3 x NC35, 3x NC24, NC29, RC46

Post by Suzuki416 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:54 pm

pull the carbs

magg
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400

Post by magg » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:11 am

Did you have spark on the rear cylinder plugs?

Jeremy
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: NC35 Fuel Problem Fixed

Post by Jeremy » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:04 pm

I got the bike going - I removed the plugs again and gave them a good clean with a wire brush then checked each plug and lead was giving a good spark against the cylinder head - good spark seen. Refitted the plugs and the bike fired up almost straight away (using a bottle with fuel connected to the fuel line, kept it going for 10mins before stopping. I then refitted the tank and now no problems with it restarting now.