tyga carbon silencer position

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
brido
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: tyga carbon silencer position

Post by brido » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:57 am

NGneer wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:35 pm
Do you need the Tyga exhaust hanger to go with the Tyga exhaust system?

Might be worth asking if someone out there with a Tyga hanger could measure the distance between the hole centres to see if theirs is slightly longer than the OEM one thus holding the silencer down a bit away from the indicator. Just a thought

Second thought: You could also try drilling a second hole in the Hanger and pivoting it down slightly, like so...

My hanger already had a second set of holes drilled and I did this to move the strap forward a bit (off the Ethos label) but thinking about the geometry of it...it must also have moved it down slightly. Might be enough to give you the clearance you need. :peace:
Finally got round to removing the seat unit and have noticed that the sub frame has a curve in it, should it be their or should it be straight?

NGneer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: x3 NC30,Matchless G80s AJS16ms

Post by NGneer » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:54 am

I can't see your picture but (assuming it is a standard NC30 subframe) it should be straight.

NGneer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by NGneer » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:10 pm

I just had a dig through all the photos from when I stripped the bike (I always take loads for when I come to put it back together)looking for a good shot of the subframe. These are the best I can offer:

Inside of the subframe looking towards the exhaust hanger fixing point:

L/H sid e looking forward:

Not 100% but it looks like your sub frame might be a bit bent bent which could in effect mean your exhaust is in the right place and it is actually your indicator that is too low, due to the bent subframe. The other thing that makes me think the subframe might be a bit bent is the angle of the under tray that sticks out just behind the exhaust hanger studs on the L/H side. If you look at the picture of mine it is as near as damn it level, whereas yours appears to be pointing upwards.

brido
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by brido » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:35 pm

NGneer wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:54 am
I can't see your picture but (assuming it is a standard NC30 subframe) it should be straight.

https://flic.kr/p/MbCsu9
Can you see this photo

NGneer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by NGneer » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:15 pm

Yes mate. Sorry I couldn't see the original pic as I was at work and there are restrictions on the network there. I could see it as soon as I got home, hence the pics if my subframe for comparison. 👍

brido
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by brido » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:20 pm

NGneer wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:15 pm
Yes mate. Sorry I couldn't see the original pic as I was at work and there are restrictions on the network there. I could see it as soon as I got home, hence the pics if my subframe for comparison. 👍
No problem I thought that but posted it anyhow, did the mod on the exhaust bracket and it worked as you will see from the photos below,
Image1E46F5F0-42E0-4825-BC2E-F47B3DBC9CEC by rossi55, on Flickr

ImageCF44A33D-86A4-475D-932F-A6797FF1A51F by rossi55, on Flickr

Image37EDA020-00DF-4F5C-AD36-6850F946A94A by rossi55, on Flickr

V4ForEva
One Hit Wonder
Reactions:

Post by V4ForEva » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:39 am

Every bit of Tyga piece on the RVF I have bought had problems like this. Never fitted as expected plus the Carbon is poor quality compared to something like Ilmburger. My Carbon slipon started melting at the mount point. Epoxy couldn't take the heat.

I just concluded Tyga is absolute rubbish.

You get what you pay for.

There are some exceptions I will admit. Their billet stuff is pretty good, but not much cheaper than other alternatives.

Full system on my RS250 is OK. But again, epoxy on one of the carbon end cans couldn't take the heat.

brido
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by brido » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:59 am

Well just to update on how I’m getting on, well I got it sorted and the problem was that the subframe was bent, sourced a straight second hand one and the problem was rectified, I now have it away getting powder coated, sorry no photos but as soon as I get it built up I’ll post some up.
Thanks to everyone that helped with a response, cheers.