NC 24 Topping up at 140 KMPH

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
ahmadsmart1
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: NC 24 Topping up at 140 KMPH

Post by ahmadsmart1 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:44 pm

does anyone have a full diagram of the fuel system would be much appreciated or if you could walk me through it

magg
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400

Post by magg » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:41 am

I can only assume you fitted a fuel pump because you believed the fuel flow from the tank was inadequate. As suggested above, start at the fuel tank. Fuel should flow freely when a vacuum is applied to the fuel tap. If not then the fuel tap, the tank venting system or the vacuum feed from the inlet manifold is at fault. If tank flow is not a problem then the feed path to the carbies or the carbies have a problem.

Not aware of service manuals etc for NC24 but if you consult the factory NC24 parts diagrams available on part supplies websites you can get a guide as to the fuel system layout.

Neosophist
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: CBR954

Post by Neosophist » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:49 am

common fuel delivery problem si the vaccum line for the fuel tap collpasing under high vaccum (usually at speed)

small rubber pipe from left hand side of engine to fuel tap.. replace it.

i had an nc24 that would "starve and die" at about 120km/h, it was the vaccum line.
xivlia wrote:i dont go fast on this bike so really do not need a rear brake.. /
vic-vtrvfr wrote:Ask xivlia for help, he's tackled just about every problem u could think of...

ahmadsmart1
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by ahmadsmart1 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:21 pm

the thing is i fitted the fuel pump because the fuel tap broke and cannot be repaired and is not available online or in my country so thus the fuel pump. and the thing is there is no vacuum pipe attached so can someone guide me where to connect the vaccume pipe from the vaccume hose to which part thanks

magg
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400

Post by magg » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:52 pm

Exactly what is broken? Someone on this forum may be able to supply a functioning fuel tap. Adding a fuel pump could cause carburation problems if the pressure is too high or the flow rate too low. Would recommend you find fuel tap and return bike to standard configuration and go from there.

Neosophist
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: CBR954

Post by Neosophist » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:26 am

sounds like you foudn your own issues out.

as i put above the vaccum hose comes from a little pipe on the left hand rear cylinder outside just behind the frame, small pipe that runs to the fuel tap to enable fuel only when engine is running.

if the vaccum part has been disabled inside the fuel tap then this needs to be properly blocked off else it will cause running issues.

soudns like you have fuel issues, if its running enough at low speeds then your fuel pump cannot supply enough fuel at speed, this is either due to low flow rate or most likely a problem with the tap / tank.

the original propblem wasnt just a failed vaccum hose was it and with the fuel pump you are sucking fuel past a failing diagphram?
xivlia wrote:i dont go fast on this bike so really do not need a rear brake.. /
vic-vtrvfr wrote:Ask xivlia for help, he's tackled just about every problem u could think of...