NC30 Needs more bite on back brake any tips?

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Neosophist
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: CBR954
Re: NC30 Needs more bite on back brake any tips?

Post by Neosophist » Sat May 19, 2018 2:04 pm

yep, make sure its all clean, pull out the seals and clean the grooves of all corriosn and stuff.. make sure the sliders are in good condition and greased with brake grease not copper shit or anything liek that.
xivlia wrote:i dont go fast on this bike so really do not need a rear brake.. /
vic-vtrvfr wrote:Ask xivlia for help, he's tackled just about every problem u could think of...

mlevents
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by mlevents » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:19 pm

well i got my caliper back from a strip down and overhaul service, and without having any paperwork with it say its okay or whatever, there were 4 black rubber seals in the returned box, so im assuming that each piston in the caliper has two seals and these have been replaced.

I have put everything back together, fitted the new braided hose and sucked out the fluid with a syringe on a pipe, as recommended by a friend.

I have attempted to reverse bleed and then also push the fluid back through the bleed nipple to force the air out of the reservoir, but something is halting the fluids steady flow.

i have isolate each part of the route for the fluid, so the caliper is flowing, the caliper and the brake line are flowing back to the junction of the master cylinder, and i have removed and stripped and rebuilt (without a new kit, but is now on order) the master cylinder.

I just cannot seem to get the fluid to rise up into the reservoir without so much pressure in the syringe that it bursts off the bleed nipple.

It appears that where the reservoir pipe connects to the master cylinder, even with the pressure clip around the pipe, its become wet in that area, so i am guessing that this is the weak point in the system where the fluid is also escaping, instead of rising up to the reservoir and leaving the system as air, or the fluid being sent to it from the bleed nipple end.

I have checked this pipe and line for blockages and nothing appears to be stopping the flow of the fluid either.

I have ordered a service kit for the master cylinder and am probably going to swap the std reservoir for the hrc kit so that almost all the components have been replaced or overhauled, but could it be anything else that i have not thought to check.

Either way i have no pressure on the pedal whatsoever now, nothing biting the disc at all. The system was working before the caliper overhaul, albeit that it wasnt very good but there was a feel on the pedal and some stopping power.

I have a fireblade as well, and clearly testing and feeling the back brake that works perfect is a million miles away from where i am with the NC.

Neosophist
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: CBR954

Post by Neosophist » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:27 pm

still some air in it somehwere then.. fluid shouldnt be leaking out of that seal... to reverse bleed it keep the brake pedal depressed while pushing the fluid up.

ive struggled with brakes a few times.

connect a clear plastic tubing to the nipple, longer the better... make it go upwards to the same height or higher than the resevoir, this gives a nice path for air to come up to, it will then either come out the reservoir or the bleed nipple.

two people make the job a lot easier but open the nipple with clear tubing in place and depress brake lever.. before it is fully down close nipple fairly tight and allow pedal to slowly come up... repeat as necessary... try tapping the caliper and lines to dislodge any air bubble, a few short raps on the brake *just press it a small amount* may dislodge any air near the resevoir.

once the air bubbles stop coming out stop for a while and tap around all the calipers and pipe works to move along any air.. sometimes when im being throough i keep the pedal tied down over night and then bleed some more out to make sure no more trapped air comes out.

once the airs all gone it should be ok, it can be a pain thoguh as you can get fluid out but still have air trapped in the lines so it looks good but its spongey and no feel.
xivlia wrote:i dont go fast on this bike so really do not need a rear brake.. /
vic-vtrvfr wrote:Ask xivlia for help, he's tackled just about every problem u could think of...