nc24 exhaust on nc30 engine

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
ligurt
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
nc24 exhaust on nc30 engine

Post by ligurt » Tue May 01, 2018 9:06 pm

Have someone never fitted a nc 24 4 into 1 exhaust on a nc30 engine? If yes how does it performs?

Neosophist
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: CBR954
Re: nc24 exhaust on nc30 engine

Post by Neosophist » Wed May 02, 2018 11:18 am

It's been a while since ive seen the inside of an NC24 collectorbox but I think its not just 4-1 but 2-2 -> 1.

The 180 degree firing order of the NC24 means the cylinders are paired left and right instead of front and back.

I think the left and right go to the collectorbox and then various baffle plates do someething with the gas-flow before it gets to the end-can.

Isn't the NC30 shock slightly off-set to allow the rear downpipes to clear it? I think it woudl hit the nc24 collector but you could try it if you really wanted to.

if you look at the NC24 kit exhaust/ or any of the 750s of the era that fired the same they link the left 2 cylinders together and the right two into a 2-1 pipe.

if the collector box is just 4-1 without any specific adjustment then i cant see it being any performance gain on an nc30 but my question would be why would you want to fit it in the first place?

It also will proably foul the NC30 lower cowl
xivlia wrote:i dont go fast on this bike so really do not need a rear brake.. /
vic-vtrvfr wrote:Ask xivlia for help, he's tackled just about every problem u could think of...

CMSMJ1
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30-No9

Post by CMSMJ1 » Wed May 02, 2018 1:20 pm

SO no, don't do it..
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

The V4 is the law..

NC30 - No9 - my old mate

ligurt
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by ligurt » Tue May 08, 2018 1:20 pm

Neosophist wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 11:18 am
It's been a while since ive seen the inside of an NC24 collectorbox but I think its not just 4-1 but 2-2 -> 1.

The 180 degree firing order of the NC24 means the cylinders are paired left and right instead of front and back.

I think the left and right go to the collectorbox and then various baffle plates do someething with the gas-flow before it gets to the end-can.

Isn't the NC30 shock slightly off-set to allow the rear downpipes to clear it? I think it woudl hit the nc24 collector but you could try it if you really wanted to.

if you look at the NC24 kit exhaust/ or any of the 750s of the era that fired the same they link the left 2 cylinders together and the right two into a 2-1 pipe.

if the collector box is just 4-1 without any specific adjustment then i cant see it being any performance gain on an nc30 but my question would be why would you want to fit it in the first place?

It also will proably foul the NC30 lower cowl
Neosophist you hit the target. My goal infact is not to feet the nc24 exhaust on the nc 30, but on the vf400f that has a 360° crank like the nc30, and I'm wandering if it works. For what is in my knowledge the 4into1 turbolences dissipate the sonic waves fragmenting them to the point they don't disturb the exhaust indeed. So it produces a better high end with a certain lost at the mid, but for my racing project it would be acceptable. Not to mention of course it would be projected with the right lenght and diameter. What is not clear to me is what you are referring to with the nc24 collector box. Isn't it a normal 4into1 collector box? I got it and coouldn't see any baffle plates (I may go wrong though couse it's long time ago).

Neosophist
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: CBR954

Post by Neosophist » Fri May 11, 2018 5:39 pm

Thats the part i dont know, i had one cut up a long time ago but i dont remember interanlly if its just a 4-1 or there is some fancy routing inside of it.

xivlia wrote:i dont go fast on this bike so really do not need a rear brake.. /
vic-vtrvfr wrote:Ask xivlia for help, he's tackled just about every problem u could think of...

ligurt
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:

Post by ligurt » Sat May 12, 2018 5:55 pm

It's a 4 into 2 into 1 and was as you can see. If I don't go wrong, the last racing version for the VF400RK. Would be great to find one. It's not my ideal from an aesthetic point of view, but a good starting point.