nc24 engine wiring probs

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
chownsy
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: KS125, ER5,VFR400 NC24
Re: nc24 engine wiring probs

Post by chownsy » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:36 am

I did a while ago and it was around 13.9 and 14.0v but when I start it again either later or Sunday I will check again.

Being a mechanic I went through as many of the silly things that I could think of.

Forgot to mention the fuel tap is working properly and the pipe to it is a solid walled pipe that does not squash under suction, so I know its not a fuelling issue cause by the tap.
The filter was cleaned when I sealed the tank with an anti rust kit (frost.co.uk supplied it)

Neosophist
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: CBR954

Post by Neosophist » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:12 am

chownsy wrote:I had a simular problem when installing my NC21 lump into the NC24 frame. I ended up cheating and putting on the NC21 loom and TDI. I would like to know what wires to swap over as I think my TDI unit is playing up as when the bike is warm it missfires between 9000 and 11000 rpm under load, wont go over 90 at all and wont start well.

Bikes had loads done to it, http://www.repsolhondanc24.co.uk this is the link to the bike restoration with loads of pics and whats been done.

Basically

NC21 engine in NC24
NC21 loom and TDI unit
New Dynatek coils
New battery
New rectifier
New spark plugs
New jets
Cleaned carbs
New carbs to engine rubbers and clamps
New HT leads
New radiator
New silicon hoses
New bearings

Richard
you have nc21 clocks too?

I would say its probbly down to jetting.

Are you sure its misfiring and not down to fuel air? (have a dyno graph?)
xivlia wrote:i dont go fast on this bike so really do not need a rear brake.. /
vic-vtrvfr wrote:Ask xivlia for help, he's tackled just about every problem u could think of...

chownsy
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by chownsy » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:37 am

Yeah NC21 clocks with a MPH converter to stop the light coming on.

Not been on a Dyno yet, its something to get done this year.

Forgot to also mention its had

New Motad collector,
New Can with baffle still in place
Stainless link pipe
New brakes all round (seals, pistons, pads, discs)

There is not a lot that I have not done to this bike

Neosophist
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: CBR954

Post by Neosophist » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:27 pm

chownsy wrote:Yeah NC21 clocks with a MPH converter to stop the light coming on.

Not been on a Dyno yet, its something to get done this year.

Forgot to also mention its had

New Motad collector,
New Can with baffle still in place
Stainless link pipe
New brakes all round (seals, pistons, pads, discs)

There is not a lot that I have not done to this bike
What carbs are you running on the NC21 engine?
xivlia wrote:i dont go fast on this bike so really do not need a rear brake.. /
vic-vtrvfr wrote:Ask xivlia for help, he's tackled just about every problem u could think of...

chownsy
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by chownsy » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:01 pm

If you remember we had issues with carbs.

I think they are NC24 ones and the NC21 carbs didn't have the trumpets on them and you advised me to stay clear of them and use the NC24's

It struggles to start either from cold or after being left for a few mins, dont return to idle as fast as I thought it would (no air leak detected with spraying in brake cleaner), the lack of power on top end and sluggish hesitation between 9k and 11k in the rev range, Does not hold a steady idle, you have to keep changing the idle screw when riding.

Richard

Samr59
Settled in member
Reactions:
Hi just reading through the posts did you resolve the issue with the five wires, I have the same issue have you any info

Post by Samr59 » Sat May 06, 2023 11:26 am

rusty1210 wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:38 pm
i recently brought a nc24 as a project and i have not done to bad on getting it back together, but i have a problem with some of the wiring i think its got a nc21 engine in, on the right side at the back and bottom is a unit held in with two bolts and has 5 wires coming out with a plug on that wont fit anywhere, also i have no neutral light but i have the wire in with the pick ups and oil switch but no ware for it to go i have looked on here and someone had this problem back in 2009 but i cant find any fix for this other than try and match up the wires by color, also it seams to be firing a bit all over the place this might have something to do with this part of wiring if its a crank sensor ??
i am a bit stumped can anyone help bring some life to my nc24 please
rusty1210
One Hit Wonder