speedo drive

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Gazzahh
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 MV F4 Kwak Z900
Re: speedo drive

Post by Gazzahh » Fri May 16, 2008 5:51 pm

If its the same 20mm diameter, 17mm long, got a socket for a 14mm bolt head on one end and a 3mm wide slot 7mm long on the other end, it should fit?

nakes
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by nakes » Fri May 16, 2008 9:53 pm

Received mine in the mail today, thank you very much Gazzahh... It looks very good... :D :D

I'll fit it tomorrow and let you know how it goes... :D

nakes
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by nakes » Mon May 19, 2008 11:41 pm

Shipping
Postage to SA took about 4 - 5 working days which was a bonus because I’ve had to wait 10 to 14 working days for items that I bought from UK in the past. That was probably because the speedo drive bobbin is small enough, and light enough to send with regular mail.

1st impression
The bobbin is very well made from aluminium and is surely MUCH tougher than the standard plastic speedo drive bobbin. The diameter is exactly the same as the standard part but it is a bit longer than the one I took out but this doesn’t cause any problems with fitment.

Fitment
The bobbin fits perfectly both sides with no free-play that would cause damage. Fitting it was easy and no different to the fitment of the standard bobbin. I used some grease around the outer surface just as a precaution but I’m not sure that it’s necessary. So far I’m sure this replacement will last infinitely longer than the standard plastic speedo drive bobbin.

The Test
Checked the bobbin after I’ve covered just over 100km and the bobbin shows no sign of wear and it’s still working perfectly.