nc29 carb needles

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
matt69
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC29, CBR6F2
Re: nc29 carb needles

Post by matt69 » Mon May 05, 2008 10:11 am

DiscoDan wrote:Yeah, I took the opportunity to bag my 'normal' tag which had already been taken on the old forum. I guess there's someone out there cursing me as we speak. There's a bunch of other names that are new but the people seem to ring a bell. It's kind of like one of those parties where everyone is shagging in a pitch back room and slowly the lights come on, they had a familiar feeling but you couldn't quite place it until it's made clear.
Danny,

i haven't been to one of those parties, can you tell me more? :o

I'm pretty sure it was the rvf needles Harley at RB said to use.

Matt

superlite
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: TLS, LB80 x 2

Post by superlite » Mon May 05, 2008 11:50 pm

They used to call me alivee4 in the old days. I lost the name in the re-registering phase somehow.
'Take it to the Back'

duh_ave
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by duh_ave » Tue May 06, 2008 12:04 am

http://www.factorypro.com has needles for the NC29

I am running a dyno jet kit in one set of carbs and the factory pro needles in the other. The FP ones definetly have a richer needle.

greggo
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by greggo » Wed May 14, 2008 1:15 pm

Hey stimpy,

Thanks to a crash I won't be racing until June (not my fault someone hit me). I found out last night suspected cracked bone in the palm of my hand too.

But if you are in the neighbourhood, or can hang out till the interclub at the island in June, I have a few needles you could measure versus standard and try as well.

Cammo
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30

Post by Cammo » Thu May 15, 2008 5:14 am

greggo wrote: Thanks to a crash I won't be racing until June (not my fault someone hit me). I found out last night suspected cracked bone in the palm of my hand too.
I saw your crash Greg, the other bike did a few flips. I wasn't sure which one was you from where I was standing, the other bike looks like it'd be pretty beaten up. Bad news about the hand mate.
"It's just a ride" Bill Hicks

greggo
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by greggo » Fri May 16, 2008 6:25 am

**hijack**

Yeah, from what I saw the other bike was a bit of a banana, mine was lucky enough to just slide into the dust.

Bent screen brace, mangled fibreglass, dented tank, battered rider. But nothing that isn't fixable with a hammer or fibreglass. Lost one of my new engine covers too. Rats.

It's my own fault, I shoulda been riding faster.

stimpy
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by stimpy » Fri May 23, 2008 3:02 pm

hey greg,yep should be down at the island,the bike seemed ok after my mate sorted it...std vfr needles worked a treat,did the mrrda at broadford(after 7 months off the bike) and was into the 1.04's...my bike fitness has suffered something shocking..but it was nice to be back,and with abit more time on the bike(as i was totaly rooted after 6 laps) can start looking at going faster...the island will be a good test for the ram air.
i heard about the stack man...with karen...yikes,i havnt spoken with her yet,but sounds like your both ok...apart from bike damage
bring your needles to the island,my mate may even be able to advise you on tuning issues
c u at the island mate
stimpy