NC30 Front Mudguard won't fit

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
GaryJUK
Settled in member
Reactions:
NC30 Front Mudguard won't fit

Post by GaryJUK » Sat May 18, 2024 4:21 pm

Weird one and in need of opinions/help on this one...

Restoring an NC30 and had the forks off & sent for reconditioning/powdercoating (came back looking great). As part of that we swapped the worn/cracked front mudguard brackets for new ones.

I'm now at the stage of putting everything back together before respray but can't for the life of me get all four mudguard bolts onto the mudguard that came off - only three will go and the spacing for the fourth looks too much out to be placement of the mudguard.

I'm 90% convinced all four bolts were on before the strip down with the same mudguard.

The fairing looks OEM and the replacement brackets were Honda replacements (61103-KY2-710 and 61102-KY2-710 )

Thoughts?

GaryJUK
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: NC30 Front Mudguard won't fit

Post by GaryJUK » Sat May 18, 2024 5:08 pm

I have a theory.... The brackets are on the right forks (they weren't originally so I swapped them round) but I think they are upside down :(
As each 'lobe' is not spaced quite equally from the outside of the bracket then that may make just the difference.

On mine, the collars (silver sheath) is on the top of the bracket. But the parts guide looks like the collar is underneath...

Looks like I'll be getting the jack out again, removing the wheel and pulling the forks out to flip the brackets over :(