2024 NC30 Chinese radiator update

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
gammakeith
Settled in member
Reactions:
2024 NC30 Chinese radiator update

Post by gammakeith » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:18 pm

I've just bought a pair of NC30 radiators (with hoses) for £146.40 final cost (delivered) from Winner Racing on Ebay. I fitted a replacement Chinese lower radiator to a friends bike a few years back and the fan holes were a mile off. This time around I'm much more satisfied. I had a little bit of fettling to do as the fan holes were not quite right but a little bit of work soon had the holes elongated so it would bolt up. The oem metal screen for the upper radiator had to be bolted on (the aluminum tabs were too thick for the standard self tapper fittings) and the tabs subsequently bent up so they didn't foul the cam cover bolts. The lower radiator was just hitting the oil filter so I spaced out the lower engine radiator mount a bit so I could still use the standard Honda brace bar. Oh, I also had to use a tie wrap on the tab for the wiring connector as the tab was too thick to go in the connector block. I didn't user the hoses as I already had Samco ones on the bike but the ones supplied look to be good quality

They even came much quicker than advertised so I am very satisfied!

Hope that helps,

Keith

Foxy400
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35 NC29 Bonneville CBR600F4i
Re: 2024 NC30 Chinese radiator update

Post by Foxy400 » Fri May 03, 2024 12:36 pm

Looks like the Chinese have made some improvements and you've managed to work round their errors. I suppose they're reasonably good value at £146, although I can't see why they can't get it spot on after all this time. It reminds me of a comment I read recently, which was directed at Russian build quality, 'they are a country of approximation' :lol: