Getting nc30 carbs back in insulator rubbers

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Kenthammer
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: 92 NC30 & 94 CBR900RRR
Re: Getting nc30 carbs back in insulator rubbers

Post by Kenthammer » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:50 pm

Yep guess measuring them is gonna work. 😂

eeriedess
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: NC30 insulator rubbers install FIT ON CARBS OR FIT ON INLET STUBS

Post by eeriedess » Fri May 19, 2023 7:45 pm

Hi fellas yes you have seen a similar post from me a long time ago but I still have an issue fitting these insulator rubbers and the HAYNES MANUAL IS NO HELP!!!.CAN THE CARBS BE PUT BACK ON WITH THE INSULATORS FITTED TO THE CARBS OR DO THEY HAVE TO BE FITTED TO THE INLET STUBS?? And what is the best lubricant to assist the instal that won’t affect the material.

I’m now 79 yrs young and have no one to assist fitting also recently diagnosed with Motor NeuroneDisease so my strength is evaporating day by day and by god come hell or high water I will get to ride this beast before my name moves to the top line of the Ledger.

It’s a nightmare job to do AND I JUST NEED THE EASIEST WAY TO INSTAL CARBS AFTER ATTEMPTING TO FIT A NEW SET YESTERDAY ONLY TO FIND ONE OFTHEM SLIP IN HALF.

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP
COLE

MadMotoUK
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: FZR400,600, CBR893

Post by MadMotoUK » Sat May 20, 2023 1:24 am

Easiest way is to warm them up in hot water then fit them to the inlets. Push the front carbs in and there should be enough flex to rock the rear bank into place.

CMSMJ1
Moderators
Moderators
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30-No9

Post by CMSMJ1 » Tue May 30, 2023 10:47 am

^^ exactly that ^^

Get them onto the engine first and get the lower clamps nipped up - put the top clamps on and loose enough.
If youhave it, a small smear of red rubber grease to allow for an easy insertion

Get the front carbs lined up, nice and level. you'll be wanting a glamorous assistant to help you line up the rears and check you don't fold the lip over as you push the fronts in and towards the front of the bike - they'll go in easy with a nice pop - and you then need to push hard and down to get the rears in.

Be glad you checked the throttle cables and choke were still attached :) Nip up the clamps - make sure the carbs are in before you do them. they go in with an obvious feeling.
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

The V4 is the law..

NC30 - No9 - my old mate

eeriedess
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by eeriedess » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:54 pm

well since my last post i have had the carb set off another 2 times!!!! this due to engine not starting. after cleaning the carb set AGAIN(ultrasonically) and wrestling them back on the nsr insulator(new) had the lip split off so another new set (ebay) fitted to the inlet stubs and the wrestling match started allover again.this time no splits BUT AGAIN NO START !!
SO I DRIBBLE FUEL IN THE OPEN CARB MOUTHS HIT THE STARTER AND IT FIRES UP AND DIES AGAIN.OBVIOUSLY ITS ONLY STARTING ON THE SMALL AMOUNTS POURED INTO THE CARB MOUTHS.
work done:--
jets floats needles and pins ULTRASONIC CLEANED AND ALL CLEAR
REMOVED -throttle slide assys Durex no holes
New coils and ht leads and plug caps
Replacement used generator coils(ebay) still only reading 300 ohms same as removed (manual says 450--500 !!)
Checked reading on TCI unit AOK
COMPLETE VALVE SHIM CHECK PLUS REPLACEMENTS---- (DONT GO THERE UNLESS YOU WANT TO LOSE YOUR SANITY OR THE ENGINE IS OUT OF FRAME!!)
NEW SPARK PLUGS NGK
REMOVED STARTER MOTOR CLEANED COMM AND REPLACED BRUSHES WITH NEW
NEW BATTERY(STILL CRANKS TOO SLOW FOR MY LIKING)
CLEANED EARTH LEAD ATTACHMENT NS FRONT OF FRAME
COMPRESSION TEST.

Have i missed something out not done ? almost ready to give up. ANY IDEAS ??

magg
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400

Post by magg » Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:10 pm

Fuel tap flows when vacuum applied?

eeriedess
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by eeriedess » Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:54 pm

hi Maggs thanks for the only reply so far but yes i am using a remote fuel feed so its even more frustrating with no fuel getting to the engine. im going to take compression tests again this afternoon but im running out of ideas oh and i have tested the voltage to the coils and they are both reading 12volts
but im still not getting a"fat blue spark"on a spark plug ?

magg
Reactions:

Post by magg » Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:09 am

A couple of quick comments while i contemplate your observations. Pulser coils are generally reliable items. My spare pulser coils measure 388 and 405 ohms at 10 degree centigrade. Temperature has a significant affect. 450-500 ohm figure is at 20 degrees and I would not use it as a pass/fail criteria. Do you have a timing light that you can attach while cranking the engine. If it fires when engine cranking it suggests you have a spark no matter what colour it is. You can also check that the ignition is firing iaw the timing marks. Put this post on the other post as well. Will comment on this post only in the future.

magg
Reactions:

Post by magg » Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:51 am

Have you tried removing the float bowl fuel drain screws to confirm the the carbies are full of fuel.

eeriedess
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by eeriedess » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:39 pm

HEY MAGG THAT WOULD BE A NEAT TRICK IF YOU COULD REMOVE THE FLOAT BOWL DRAIN SCREWS WITHOUT DRILLIN HOLES IN THE FRAME RAILS TO GET SCREWDRIVER ACCESS !!!!!