NC31 Starter Engine Stop Switch Wiring

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
drrkdrrk
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: 1992 Honda CB400 Super Four
NC31 Starter Engine Stop Switch Wiring

Post by drrkdrrk » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:52 am

Hello,

I have a 1992 CB400 Super Four NC31 with a hacked up harness and wondering if someone can help me identify this wire.

Coming from the hand controls, down to the connector side there is a brown/white wire that ends in a double bullet connector paired with a brown wire.

The brown wire has been cut and is just hanging there.

Photo of said connector here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Al4_KW_YczvngeQLnqn ... w?e=m21pih

Also image of related wiring diagram, but it's low res so I can't make out if some of these wires are black, blue or brown and what they're connecting to.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Al4_KW_YczvngeQNUr2 ... Q?e=w4MwS3

Appreciate any assistance.

Thanks!

MadMotoUK
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: FZR400,600, CBR893
Re: NC31 Starter Engine Stop Switch Wiring

Post by MadMotoUK » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:37 pm

Normally on Honda wiring the brown/white is used for the supply to any running lights from the main switch, such as dash lights and front sidelights. The brown wire feeding from the brown/white @ the switch end is the feed to the tail light unit for your rear lights (running light, not brake light). I would imagine, assuming you have working rear lights, that this particular cable has become redundant and the lights are being supplied from elsewhere due to a previous fault.

magg
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400
Re: NC31 Starter Engine Stop Switch Wiring

Post by magg » Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:54 am

Info I have is for CB400F but may be a guide. If a Brown/White wire comes out of right side handle bar switch it may be related to the start function that disables the headlight during start up. There could be a Brown/white wire out of the left side handle bar switch to match.