petrol leek

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Vfr400nc30
Settled in member
Reactions:
petrol leek

Post by Vfr400nc30 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:32 pm

ok just after christmas i had a leek thought it was petrol but couldnt work out what it was petrol was still full, oil had gone down from max to min so thought it was that, then checked my coolant level and it was empty so topped both of them up and now they are fine and the bike was running fine although it hadnt been riden, so now im confused, but for the first time since it happened, last night i left the petrol on reserves and got up this morning to an empty petrol tank any one got any thoughts would be much apprecaited thanks

Christoph
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: petrol leek

Post by Christoph » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:47 pm

Not entirely sure what you're saying. You've lost some fuel but you cant see a leak?

VfRTeddy
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: Vfr400 nc24

Post by VfRTeddy » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:08 pm

was there petrol all over the floor if not it may have all gone into your oil happened to me had a hole in the tap diaphram
Ben

Vfr400nc30
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Vfr400nc30 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:13 pm

sorry like i said bit confusing

there was fule on the floor yh

at first it thought there was a hole in the tank now im presuming it must be a hole in the pipe but im a real novice dont know a thing my cousin knows everything about the bike as it used to be his but hes really busy all the time so can never help me

dont worry if you cant help guys

VfRTeddy
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: Vfr400 nc24

Post by VfRTeddy » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:33 pm

then yer check all your fuel hoses even the 4 that split from the main one and go to each of the carbs bit fiddly if one has come off. and then check that it isnt leakin from around the tap cause the gasket could have been damaged or leaked from there hope that helps

Ben