RVF Newbie Fairings

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Vffr1
Settled in member
Reactions:
RVF Newbie Fairings

Post by Vffr1 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:32 am

Can anyone comment on if the China or Hong Kong after market fairings are desent, the close up photo look really nice and they have ratings from the end users.

Thanks!

Michael

Sabre
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: RVF Newbie Fairings

Post by Sabre » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:22 pm

There are a few threads have a search i had them on my CBR250,basically if your after a full set of painted fairings and they cost 199 pounds you really cant nit pick and moan about them.
Mine were fantastic just dont expect them to be OEM quality and i showed quite a few people my bike and none could believe they were these infamous cheap ebay ones.
I had 2 spills though and the fairings just shattered if you have a choice id go for tyga fibreglass or the carbon fibre kit lol!

philnc35
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by philnc35 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:26 pm

i too have been lookin at those fairings. just dropped my rvf so im using it as an excuse to get some new fairings. they do look really tody from the pictures but my biggest concern would be that they arrivede in good condition

scratchin
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by scratchin » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:24 pm

my sister has just bought a set got delivered today they are extremely well packed and only took 10 days to arrive the paint quality looks better than it does in the picture, that said i have been told by a few people that have had them they dont take a bump very well

quicksilver
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by quicksilver » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:57 pm

Michael

There'll always be a price/quality trade-off - and where you sit on the scale can be summarised by asking yourself what it is you want from your bike and how it’s likely to be treated.

I note from your other posts that you’ve already purchased some fairings after buying your bike recently (what were they?) and mentioned ultimately you want to perform a restore.

If you want a nice stock machine and you don’t consider yourself the type to be throwing your bike at the scenery too often, then OEM is the way to go. They’ll fit perfectly and they come in/with the correct colours/decals – so no need to spray, and you can easily swap out individual panels, but you will pay a premium for the luxury.

However, if you’re an inexperienced rider and or enjoy track days etc then no matter how poor quality the fairings are – it’s probably immaterial if you’re prone to stepping off your bike regularly - so buy ‘em and patch ‘em as need be, and keep your coin in your pocket.

No fairings take a bump too well, albeit OEM won’t shatter, but then again I’d be far less upset at mullering ten-a-penny Chinese offerings than quality stuff.

challymo
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by challymo » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:16 am

Or you could always go for skidmarx. They are good quality, and i think theres a set for sale for £200 at the moment in the Parts and clothing section ;)

garyboy_palaboy
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by garyboy_palaboy » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:40 am

those china made fairings are horrible!!! they maybe cheap, but dont expect to have a good quality. in my country wherein its invaded with lots of china made stuffs, ive already saw these china-made fairings (from different bike model), the quality of the plastic are too brittle, similar to quality of plastics from their pocket bikes.

for me i will not spend even a dollar to a thing which can give me a headache later on.

i bought myself a set of tyga fairings and the fittings are perfect. even the quality of fairings are durable. maybe you can order first the front tire mudguard, and if you're not satisfied with the quality dont buy the complete set.....but surely you will enjoy them.

if i have a RVF ill buy a complete tyga performance fairings and make it look like this....

Vffr1
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Vffr1 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:19 am

I did receive and install my Hong Kong fairings, I'm very impressed with the paint, I give it a 10 for the price and an 8.8 compared to Honda stock. The fitment is a bit different, I give it an 7 compared to stock and I had to come up with 3 work-arounds to get them on. They look really nice after a bit of fuss and I can't wait to purchase another set in the Castrol racing scheme.

From the folks I've spoken to around here, they say the hold up well in a crash, over all they were twice as good as I expected for the money they-can-not-be-beat. I've heard a complete set of Honda fairings are $4,600 US, Yikes!

I'll post picture and my work arounds when I get some spare time.

Hope this helps,

Michael

VFR..Al
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by VFR..Al » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:37 pm

Looking forward to the pics......i might get some myself if they are as good as you say they are :up:

Al

Vffr1
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by Vffr1 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:09 am

Tell me what your think?

Michael