USD conversion

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Smev
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 of course
USD conversion

Post by Smev » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:02 am

Hi all,
I thought I'd update you all with a few pics of my conversion. I've been collecting all the parts for a while now and finally got time to do it.
I started by stripping the bike down by removing the fairing and tank, exhaust system and radiators off too.
I then popped the bike onto blocks and rear stand so the front was free to be removed.
So front wheel, brakes, handle bars, levers were all taken off leaving the bare head stock with the bearing races fitted.
I drifted out the old races fairly easily and then degreased it all and cleaned it up.

I had new tapered bearings to fit so did that. Now came the fun bit!!

I had the Ducati fitting kit that I got from another forum member (Riley) and these were fitted without any problem.
Its an Awesome bit of kit!

next the yokes were put in and they felt so smooth! and look great!

next i fitted the forks and front wheel and Harris Clip ons.

and thats where I'm upto at the minute - I also have a whole load of other things to do to the bike so keep your eyes peeled!!!
I am really pleased with the outcome so far, but would like to know what you all think :D 8-)
Last edited by Smev on Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mister Donut Rep NC30

shokrabi
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: USD conversion

Post by shokrabi » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:09 pm

had the ducati front on my bike for a while now, ive got the gold nitrate forks. So good looking and the brakes are insane

Smev
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Smev » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:09 pm

I'm using a Ducati 749 front end - I like the top yoke as it has been milled out and looks that lil bit 'trick' I've gone for all silver forks, brakes, discs and radial master cylinder too! 8-)

The option of nitride coating the forks is always there for the future too 8-)
Mister Donut Rep NC30

Riley
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Riley » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:25 pm

Excellent work Mr Smev! Nice to see the kit fitted, and although Zak and I have the gold nirate forks fitted to our bikes, yours is the next generation being from the 749/999 series. Pleased to have another happy customer! I've been considering doing some more conversion kits if I can get the raw materials for reasonable money again.
Need any used Nc30 parts? Want to fit a Ducati front end to your Nc30? If so give me a shout.

Spike16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 Road, SV650 Race

Post by Spike16 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:08 pm

very nice smev, id love to see it in the flesh when i pick the other bike up, is this weekend good for you?, looks really good i wana do a usd conversion on my bike but need 2 get do the tyga front and r tail first, will you be at the Odiham track day, if she's minished by hen il bring the bike up and you can see how much it will have changed :)

wullvfr
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: zx9r c1

Post by wullvfr » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:34 pm

looking good,keep up the hard work!!!!!
please,god,....give me the chance to prove that winning the lottery won't spoil me!!!

Smev
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Smev » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:41 pm

Thanks for the good reviews so far!!

Spike this weekend is fine for picking up the other VFR.
I have the Black wheels off ready to pop onto your bike. I'll do that duing the week. Just let me know a rough time you'll be around.
You'll be able to see the 750 rear wheel conversion fitted next weekend too.
I will be at the trackday on camp here with the Hannspree rep fairing fitted. It will be good to see your bike all cleaned up!!
Mister Donut Rep NC30