Image Works decals

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Foxy400
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35 NC29 Bonneville CBR600F4i
Image Works decals

Post by Foxy400 » Fri May 20, 2016 7:14 pm

I've mentioned this elsewhere but I thought it might be useful to put it in this section. Just got back from a trip to Image Works. They're located between Derby and Nottingham, near Ilkeston. It's run by 2 chaps and been going for 20 years, so they know their stuff. I took 3 repaired and painted panels from my NC35. They had them for 3 hours (you can hang around, read a book, drink tea, look at the bikes lined up for decals, go to sleep or shoot into Ilkeston and view the sights (I did all of those things).
They printed off the necessary decals and fitted them..perfectly. They line up exactly with the original, undamaged panels. Having watched them being fitted I know there is no-way I could have come close. The colours are very, very good. The one exception I can see is the light blue (called Endurance Violet I think?), which is a shade lighter than the Honda colour, but this only shows if the two are held together. If you had all the panels done you would be very hard-pressed to notice the difference.
In fact I would say that only someone who knew these bikes extremely well could tell these weren't original (providing the whole bike has been done).
So there you go, full marks to Image Works.
Oh yeah, it cost me £100. Considering the time they spent, the price of the decals and the stress they saved me, I'm happy with that.

Speedy
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: RVF400RR, ER6n
Re: Image Works decals

Post by Speedy » Fri May 20, 2016 8:14 pm

Interesting, which decals did you get fitted?
When the mind is relaxed, the body will go faster! 8-)

Foxy400
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC35 NC29 Bonneville CBR600F4i
Re: Image Works decals

Post by Foxy400 » Sun May 22, 2016 8:41 am

The decals were for the left and right lowers, and the left mid-section from my NC35.