Type 8 Red/Black tank caution stickers?

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
NI_99_HyperVTEC
Settled in member
Reactions:
Type 8 Red/Black tank caution stickers?

Post by NI_99_HyperVTEC » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:08 pm

Would anyone have a picture of the correct tank caution stickers needed for a red and black type 8 or can tell me if there should be any? I am restoring one to as original as possible and any photos i see there are never any cautions stickers so either there were none or the tanks have been painted and not replaced? Even on that 2k miler on ebay for £7995 there are no stickers? Any help appreciated. Cheers
Last edited by NI_99_HyperVTEC on Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JZH
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: RSCBRRVFVFRST
Re: Type 7 Red/Black tank caution stickers?

Post by JZH » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:33 pm

Where are you getting your "Type" info? I used to have it wrong on my site, so I wonder who is still using the wrong info...

That low-mile (but wrong-mirrors and nicely scuffed speedo) eBay bike is a Type 8, colour No.7, according to the Honda Parts Catalogue.

There were two different tank stickers on the NC30, depending on year. The later version used on the RL and RN (87560-MJ6-722) was this one:

Same part number as on my CBR250RRR; I can confirm that it has a clear background, as I can see the tank colour through it. And, no, I have no idea what the Japanese writing on that sticker actually says!

Ciao,
JZH

London, UK/So.Cal., USA
www.vsource.org

NI_99_HyperVTEC
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by NI_99_HyperVTEC » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:40 pm

Hi JZH,

Yes it is indeed a Type 8, my mistake. Can you tell me is there a parts manual for the later RN bikes as the one i have was giving me completely different stickers. I ideally need all the part numbers of the caution labels across the bike.

Many thanks

JZH
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by JZH » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:01 pm

Are you looking at the UK-spec scanned microfiche? That will only work for UK-spec models. Try this:
NC30 Labels page F-32.pdf
Ciao,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JZH

London, UK/So.Cal., USA
www.vsource.org

NI_99_HyperVTEC
Settled in member
Reactions:
Re: Type 8 Red/Black tank caution stickers?

Post by NI_99_HyperVTEC » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:21 pm

Yes that is much more helpful, many thanks! Where would i get that parts microfiche?

JZH
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by JZH » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:45 pm

I have it in hard copy, but soft copies are out there (not that I could find one with a quick google, though...) The European versions are on bike-parts.fr, but there are some differences. Maybe someone knows of a working link to the J-spec Parts Catalogue? (The "harkermatic" link is down.)

Ciao,
JZH

London, UK/So.Cal., USA
www.vsource.org

royster81
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400R-L NC30 CBR400RR-R NC29

Post by royster81 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:25 am

It's not having what you want but wanting what you've got....Loud ,Proud and Modified ....