NC35 replacement decals

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
antiengineered
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: MC22, NC35
NC35 replacement decals

Post by antiengineered » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:31 am

Having trouble sourcing replacements for these. CMS don't have it, eBay doesn't either and that leaves me with few options.

-A

Drunkn Munky
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 MC21 TZR FZR GSXR RG MITO
Re: NC35 replacement decals

Post by Drunkn Munky » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:45 am

Well its not a standard scheme so id try imageworks as if they don't have it they will probably make them for you

antiengineered
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by antiengineered » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:38 am

...that's news to me. I thought this was an OEM decal option, late/early model or something. Huh.

Drunkn Munky
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 MC21 TZR FZR GSXR RG MITO

Post by Drunkn Munky » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:01 pm

No there was only 2 official RVF schemes which were very similar that scheme is based on a RC51

JZH
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: RSCBRRVFVFRST

Post by JZH » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:51 pm

RC51? Please, American nonsense-nomenclature belongs on the other side of the Pond!

VTR1000 SP-1

I quite like that scheme, actually. But, as you say, the only two OEM RVF400R paint schemes were these:

and

Ciao,
JZH

London, UK/So.Cal., USA
www.vsource.org

antiengineered
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by antiengineered » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:28 pm

Interesting! Why am I able to find so consistantly examples that loil identical to mine? I even test rode another that looked exacrly the same. Surely if it was after market there would be others about with other paint colours?

hunter
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by hunter » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:04 pm

There are plenty of aftermarket paint scheme about,There used to be hundreds of castol honda NC thirty's around and lots of people thought they came frome the factory in this scheme,But it was all aftermarket,What you have there is aftermarket,Believe me the people on this forum know.

JZH
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: RSCBRRVFVFRST

Post by JZH » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:25 pm

And the reason we know is because we have access to the official Honda Parts Catalogues for these bikes, in which all of the part numbers for these bikes are listed. Each OEM paint scheme is shown and the part numbers for painted parts are keyed to those schemes. The general rule I use is: if there isn't a part number for it, it ain't OEM.

Sometimes you get Honda importers or dealers re-spraying a batch of bikes in a non-OEM scheme (like the Vimto SP-1, the RS Performance Honda UK 50th Anniversary bikes, or the infamous "Rothmans" RC30s sold in Australia), but those are well-documented exceptions--and you still cannot order parts for them, so in my opinion they are still not OEM. The vast majority of non-OEM schemed bikes are simply aftermarket re-sprays (or cheap Chinese copies).

(Most of the Honda grey paint schemes can be found in the Model Information pages on my website, along with scans of the original Honda sales literature in the Brochures section.)

Ciao,
JZH

London, UK/So.Cal., USA
www.vsource.org

antiengineered
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by antiengineered » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:42 pm

Well there you go. I know better than to disagree.

antiengineered
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by antiengineered » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:47 am

There are so many of them down here that it must have been done by a big importer. That's the only way I can wrap my head around it. Just too much of a coincidence that they are ALL the same colour. Simple as that.