Why is it

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
carpman
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: 1990 nc30
Why is it

Post by carpman » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:43 pm

One thing always leads to another and another and so on ........
2 weeks ago I decided I was gonna try and sort out a small fuel leak from the bottom of the carbs, and overhaul the fuel tap. While draining the fuel from the tank I dropped it and it hit and oak beam in my garden which put a little dent in the Os front corner so I now have to repair this, well if I have to repair it I may as well do the other minor repairs to fairing after some ass knock it of the stand. While carbs are off gonna check the float heights and adjust. Carbs are out of the way now should I check valve clearances after reading the guide on her I decide yeah don't sound to hard.
I have a look over bike and see exhaust is in need of some tlc while taking if off I snapped a bolt on the y branch ( more work but not looked at that yet the rest of system is now being done by Rcv4 cheers chad top man and very reasonable price.
Rads are off they're looking very tired so strip them down all brackets, bolts, screws must not forget fan shroud and bits now going for zinc plating. I'm now looking at the rest of the bikes brackets and their bolts, nuts think I can't do some and not the others bike will look s--t, all outside clamps brackets nuts bolts screw washers now in a bucket. During the removal of the loom brackets I think to myself look at the state of the loom needs re wrapping and a clean up especially all the plugs.
Back to the front end more brackets bottom yolk, pinch bolts caliper mounting bolts,axle all now got to be striped to go in the plating bucket.
Now back to the y branch time to take it off and have a look at replacing the snapped bolt, but there's a problem I can get to 3 of the nuts, but not the forth without what's looks like a lot of work got to put up another post about this. Shock off swing arm off engine out
Now debating with myself if I have to do any of the major removals to free the y branch should I just go the whole hog and take bike of the road this year and do all mechanical tarting up and the power coating of frame, swing arm and the fork lowers all mat black would have to be done in stages according to funds then the final would be paint job to finish the job off
This is now looking like it's going to be bundle of restoration work

Sorry for the long post

Sunnyday
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: UK NC30 17" Rear.
Re: Why is it

Post by Sunnyday » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:40 pm

Appology accepted. :ban:

VtypeV4
Familiar Member
Reactions: