long term verdict on chinese fairing

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
dougie conacher
Settled in member
Reactions:
long term verdict on chinese fairing

Post by dougie conacher » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:06 am

Hi there
I know this should be in the chinese fairing thread but i knew nobody would read it.I need a fairing and it seems tempting to gamble on one from china,whats folks thoughts on how there holding up plus has everybody had to resort to ziptie the headlamp cowl to the lower fairing to get rid of the gap.
thanks in advance dougie.

Cammo
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30
Re: long term verdict on chinese fairing

Post by Cammo » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:53 pm

The paint on mine looks as good as the day they were bought, fitted about 2 years ago.

My upper cowl isn't held on by cable ties (nor are others in the stickied Chinese fairing thread), but this is certainly the least well fitting join on the panels.
"It's just a ride" Bill Hicks

Drunkn Munky
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 MC21 TZR FZR GSXR RG MITO

Post by Drunkn Munky » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:18 am

The nose to mids join was ok on the RVF set i had, the worse one was the seat unit which was completely useless until bonded into a 1 piece unit. Although i didnt have mine for long the paint quality was well up there and ive no doubt it would have stood the test of time

NGneer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: x3 NC30,Matchless G80s AJS16ms

Post by NGneer » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:31 am

As per the comments above - the colours still look just as good as day one and this is after about 4-5 years now.

All the Chinese fairings DO need fettling to fit and the more time you spend the better the will fit. I did end up using a Cable ties on the joint between the uppers and the nose cone but mainly because this bike was intended to be a track toy so I was not being 'too' anal about the cosmetics. If I had matched the cable tie colour to the paint and it would disappear even more :whistle: .

dougie conacher
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by dougie conacher » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:54 pm

Thanks guys thats convinced me to go and buy a set.