Replacement seat unit

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Stitch - NC30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30
Replacement seat unit

Post by Stitch - NC30 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:55 pm

Hey guys,

My seat unit is pretty much shot, all bar the little closing panel at the rear.

The whole bike needs to be resprayed anyway so colour I'm not worried about.

Do I

A) Replacement fiberglass tail unit from skidmarx / moores racing or alike £120 roughly

B) Chinese plastic copy £75 + import fees

C) Try and get original panels as they can be mixed and match? (What are these panels selling for roughly, with all lugs attached?)

D) Tyga twin seat - I like, but also quite expensive and just not sure if it takes too much away from the bike!

I do want to retain two seats, even though I don't think I'll be carrying pillion hardly ever!

Options A and C are most appealing to me.........

Regards

Richard
Why when I take something apart and rebuild it; Why do I have so many spare nuts and bolts?

Drunkn Munky
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 MC21 TZR FZR GSXR RG MITO
Re: Replacement seat unit

Post by Drunkn Munky » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:09 pm

I have 2 sets of OEM seat unit panels for sale, 1 set is in R/W/B type 1 colours and 1 side is near perfect but the other side has some cracks but have been glued and reinforced from behind, nice set of panels £70.

The other set is plain white and structurally not far from perfect, they also included the H piece which is again unbroken £70.

I have a set of very good seats aswell if you need them, seat lock mechanisms etc

NGneer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: x3 NC30,Matchless G80s AJS16ms

Post by NGneer » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:42 am

Stitch - NC30 wrote:C) Try and get original panels as they can be mixed and match?
Looking on e-bay and such like the seat unit panels always seem to be the cheapest, so I would go for option "C" a mix and mach set of OEM and then get them sprayed up. I guess the seat units survive crashes much better than the nose/upers and lowers, hence there are much more of them still around.

marcus57
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: nc30, nc35, gsxr750

Post by marcus57 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:54 am

What. Colour scheme is your bike?