Picture request: Type one NC30

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
VFRkieran
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30, NSR250, CBR600, TS125
Picture request: Type one NC30

Post by VFRkieran » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:52 am

Hello im looking for any detailed pictures anybody has of the type one NC30 scheme, ive got quite a few allready but im looking for closeups from as many angles as possible to send off to my painter when i get mine sprayed.

Also any measurements of:
Gold pinstripes
Thickness of the dark blue on the nose and tank
Thickness of the white in the mid panel
Thickness of the white around the numberboard on the tail unit
Length and thickness of all 3 Honda decals, force V4 decals and finally VFR400R decal on the tail

Any of the above would be brilliant and mucho karma to anybody who can help. My email is kieranboyce *at* hotmail dot co dot uk

Kieran.
Last edited by VFRkieran on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

badtoad71
Settled in member
Reactions:
Bike owned: 2 x nc30 gt185 drz400sm c90
Re: Picture request: Type one NC30

Post by badtoad71 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:30 am

hi i put some pics of mine on here the other day i think the colour scheme on mine is what your asking about the panels came off my 89 model but are currently on my 92 model as im unsure what type is what ?
but if its what you are looking for i can measure them for you

http://s1338.photobucket.com/albums/o698/badtoad71/

VFRkieran
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by VFRkieran » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:59 pm

Yea that is the type one scheme, do you know if its had a respray or still on original paint and decals? It looks like its still on the original paint but the force V4 decal has been moved down slightly.
If you could get me a few measurements that would be fantastic.

badtoad71
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by badtoad71 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:44 pm

hi , unsure if this one is origional paint i would think its been painted at some point due to how good it is ,ive measured the the bits but probably not 100% due to the curves and things on the bodywork . the dark blue on the nose cone is 42mm inner edge (next to h.lamp) and tapers down to 32mm outer edge ,gold pin striping 9mm, dark blue around tank front of tank 50mm and tappers down as it curves around to 45mm,white mid panel front edge near v,piece 105mm, 85mm in the middle near cut out in panel then goes to 95mm at the back edge (this must be to keep lines straight due to panel being curved ?) white pin stripping around no: board 12mm honda decal on nose cone 130mm long 15mm wide ,v4 decal from the f (on force) to back 160mm and 50mm depth tankdecal 115mm long couldnt get accurate measurment of the depth due to crap tape measure !vfr400r decal 250mm long 22mm wide,honda decals on bottom of fairing 385mm long 45mm depth hope this may be of some help to you ? the only other thing i can think of would be giving dream machine a ring they do plenty of respays so may be able to give you more info ? like i said probably not 100% due to curves and things .

VFRkieran
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by VFRkieran » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:17 am

Yea it does look like it could of had a respray but its a bloody good job i think the colours look a bit bright due to the camera too, that has been a great help though mate thankyou.
If anybody else could confirm these measurements that would be ace, and im still on the hunt for more pictures to send the painters.

badtoad71
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by badtoad71 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:09 am

hi ,your right the camera does make the paint work look a lot brighter ,its a pitty you dont live closer as you could have come and had a measure of it yourself ,ill have a word with the fella i bought it off see if he knows the history of it will let you know

arsey30
Reactions:
Bike owned: ftr223 650 bros

Post by arsey30 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:15 pm

I took photos of my panels then measured a friends originals before handing them to the painter.
I bought a set of decals from Image works but only used the nose cone blue and gold one.

The belly pan "Honda" decal was straight, so will not sit right, the nose cone "Honda" the wrong size, but the mid panel white and V4 decals have a correct wide gold stripe so that the red and blue can over lap the gold to give an 8 mm wide stripe with a better finish and seal with no edge.

I can supply you with gold stripe but it is not the exact colour match, so only useful for a full repaint as it will not match the existing.

VFRkieran
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by VFRkieran » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:37 pm

Thanks so much Dave that is brilliant! Breakfast on me if i ever get a chance to make it to moonies next year, i allready have some of the decals, the Honda one has the curve so should sit on the fairing ok.
I havent had a chance to measure the other ones yet to compare but im not happy with the forceV4 decal the 'o' is too rounded and the white lines through the V4 bit arent quite correct.
I would have the gold stripe decal from you but i think im just going to get them painted on as i can get a better match.

Badtoad it is a shame that im not closer to come and have a look, i have actually seen quite a few type one NC's never had a chance to get any measurements though but i think ive got all i need now, im using an RC30 style single seat unit so the rear is probably going to need lining up with the bodywork rather than going by any measurements.

Thanks again,
Kieran.

arsey30
Reactions:
Bike owned: ftr223 650 bros

Post by arsey30 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:35 am

Where did you get the curved belly pan decal from?

I have only seen the straight ones [apart from genuine decal]

VFRkieran
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by VFRkieran » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:00 am

Bought them from Thunderace and i think they are originally from Brooky Heres a photo:

To me they dont look too bad the only one that i can see is clearly not the same as original is the Force V4 one, even the Honda tank wing is curved to fit properly.