steve hislop rep?

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
Spike16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30 Road, SV650 Race
Re: steve hislop rep?

Post by Spike16 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:42 pm

nah its just the studs i need, im gona get 6 new studs and and nuts cos they all corroded and rough

did look at the probolt stand at the show today and just caught myself before i spent £50 on titanium ones (discontinued and reduced, I hate those words)

il source some cheeper ones i think

i might take one of yout hubs off your hands tho mate, aslong as the adjuster is good nick, then i can referbish yours, do a quick swap of the 2 in an evening, referb mine and re-sell (or just keep as spare if no one wants it)

oliherst
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by oliherst » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:51 pm

Spike16 wrote:nah its just the studs i need, im gona get 6 new studs and and nuts cos they all corroded and rough

did look at the probolt stand at the show today and just caught myself before i spent £50 on titanium ones (discontinued and reduced, I hate those words)

il source some cheeper ones i think

i might take one of yout hubs off your hands tho mate, aslong as the adjuster is good nick, then i can referbish yours, do a quick swap of the 2 in an evening, referb mine and re-sell (or just keep as spare if no one wants it)
Discontinued? I hope that doesn't mean that probolt will be discontinuing all their NC30 stuff!

Spike16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Spike16 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:08 pm

yeh i think they are, i almost bought myself a rear wheel nut and spacer, £50 for the pair looked very nice tho!

brooky
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: cbr400,vfr400,crf250,ktm200exc

Post by brooky » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:20 pm

standard set up offset of rear sprocket to the inside, 750 rear wheel, offset to outside for additional clearance.
Vinylmark signs - for all your bike, car, van, vinyl needs, one off tshirts also printed.
http://www.vinylmarksigns.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; email sales@vinylmarksigns.co.uk

LozVTR
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by LozVTR » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:57 pm

No Probs spike, The one which came off was offset to the outside and as brooky said the only difference is additional clearance.

Let me know if you need a hand which the sprocket carrier at any point mate.

brooky
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: cbr400,vfr400,crf250,ktm200exc

Post by brooky » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:41 pm

correct me if i am wrong but if the rear is offset to the outside then you 'should' space the front sprocket to match
Vinylmark signs - for all your bike, car, van, vinyl needs, one off tshirts also printed.
http://www.vinylmarksigns.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; email sales@vinylmarksigns.co.uk

Spike16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Spike16 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:57 pm

this is what i was worrying about loz, i think il just swap it to shut people up, thanks for the advice guys anyone know were i can order some sprocket studs and nuts from, stainless idealy

but i got a pay rise today so may splash out of ti (no wait il spend the money on laxatives and loose more weight that way ;) )

LozVTR
Settled in member
Reactions:

Post by LozVTR » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:38 am

Loose more weight!! your smaller than dani pedrosa anyway mate.

I cant understand the sprocket thing because the one we took off was fine and it was exactly the same way as the new one we put on?

Spike16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Spike16 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:39 pm

actually im quite big when it come to racers (not that im one...yet..) at the bike show I met lots of racers...scott redding, bradley smith, troy corser, foggy, ugene laverty, and loads more and camier was the only one bigger than me!

for dani to look small next to other racers, he must really be a midgit, cos most of them arent that much bigger than jockies!

Spike16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:

Post by Spike16 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:24 pm

ok right i need help im not sure if i should do the front and rear white number boards with number 11's and gold wheels

and iv also found some more pictures on the bike and there seems to have been 2 bikes both same scheme but with different sponsors and difference number 11's, iv gona for the stickers i liked out of the two and am not sure which 11's to go for

here are all the pictures i have of the original bikes

this one has the normal looking 11's:

and this ones 11's have funny squares at the bottom of them:

which one do people prefer? and is it gold wheels for the win

heres the bike at the moment for refrence:

cheers, Spike