Clear Indicators & Led Bulbs & other new bits (pics+vid)

Forum rules
Please can you post items for sale or wanted in the correct For Sale section. Items / bikes for sale here will be removed without warning. Reasons for this are in the FAQ. Thanks
graham72
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30,
Re: Clear Indicators & Led Bulbs & other new bits (pics+vid)

Post by graham72 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:48 pm

Morespeedvicar wrote:Be carefull with a back light like that, if indicators interfere with the operation of the back light or brake light or visa versa you will fail an mot! Cant tell if the red leds in the back light are going out when the yellow ones come on but if they do you could be in trouble.
Look cool tho.
Cheers
Ian

Yep, the red leds go out when the yellow ones go on, but it wont fail an mot because I still have the original indicators on as well.

Quick unplug of two wires on the back light and all is well for MOT!! ;)
Last edited by graham72 on Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chownsy
Familiar Member
Reactions:
Bike owned: KS125, ER5,VFR400 NC24

Post by chownsy » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:00 pm

graham72 wrote:
Morespeedvicar wrote:Be carefull with a back light like that, if indicators interfere with the operation of the back light or brake light or visa versa you will fail an mot! Cant tell if the red leds in the back light are going out when the yellow ones come on but if they do you could be in trouble.
Look cool tho.
Cheers
Ian

Yep, the red leds go out when the yellow ones go out, but it wont fail an mot because I still have the original indicators on as well.

I would keep them unplugged if i was you as if your riding at night and your turning and braking yet the Red lights go out, you could get hit from behind if they dont think your braking just yet.

graham72
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by graham72 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:51 pm

chownsy wrote:
graham72 wrote:
Look cool tho.
Cheers
Ian

Yep, the red leds go out when the yellow ones go out, but it wont fail an mot because I still have the original indicators on as well.

I would keep them unplugged if i was you as if your riding at night and your turning and braking yet the Red lights go out, you could get hit from behind if they dont think your braking just yet.
The red lights only go out intermittently on the side that the indicator is flashing, the light on the other side is still on whilst braking, and the leds are very bright when braking, its quite clear that the brake is on when following from behind!!

royster81
NWAA Supporter
NWAA Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: VFR400R-L NC30 CBR400RR-R NC29

Post by royster81 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:31 pm

i've a few questions here fella.

were did you get the LED indicator bulbs ?

what diodes are you using and were are they placed ?

where did you get the generic LED relay from ?

and once the diodes go in can you put the bulb back into the idiot lights ?
It's not having what you want but wanting what you've got....Loud ,Proud and Modified ....

Cammo
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: NC30

Post by Cammo » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:02 pm

royster81 wrote: what diodes are you using and were are they placed ?

Rhory, yes the idiot light will work when you have the diodes installed. It was the only way to get LED's running properly on my nc30.

Installation is straight forward, check out the insane diagram in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=16829&p=129468&hilit=diode#p129468
"It's just a ride" Bill Hicks

marcus57
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reactions:
Bike owned: nc30, nc35, gsxr750

Post by marcus57 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:42 am

i love your number plate, is it reflective still? do you have a link for where you got it?

indicators look smart aswell, might have to invest in a set as the ones i bought look to modern.

graham72
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by graham72 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:17 pm

royster81 wrote:i've a few questions here fella.

were did you get the LED indicator bulbs ?

eBay Shop called Project R
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0642032168

what diodes are you using and were are they placed ?
Not using any yet, just pulled the idiot light bulb out for now! (on the to do list!)

where did you get the generic LED relay from ?
Local bike shop, they didnt have a honda specific 3 pin one, so they gave me a generic 3 pin one and I wired that one in!

You can once its been done.
Last edited by graham72 on Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

graham72
Familiar Member
Reactions:

Post by graham72 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:30 pm

marcus57 wrote:i love your number plate, is it reflective still? do you have a link for where you got it?

Yep totally reflective! Tried buying one from a company that sold them, but when they tried to do it they killed their vinyl cutter and decided to give up doing them, nice!
Soooo I decide to do it in a roundabout way, I got some carbon sheet from one place and cut it to the size I wanted the plate to be.
Next up I contacted an eBay seller that sold number plates, explained to him I wanted the negative part of the reflective yellow vinyl for my registration, basically the part they would usually throw away if they were cutting numbers and letters out. Obviously making sure that they had the right dimensions for my carbon plate first!
They sent that to me and I stuck that to the carbon and voila! job done, carbon plate!!
Basically its made in reverse to a standard plate, the black (carbon) lettering is from the backplate, and they stick on bit is the reflective part of the plate!

indicators look smart aswell, might have to invest in a set as the ones i bought look to modern.

Heres the ebay link for the indicators, took about a week to come
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT